GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
How do you like Cobbs tune compared to the apr tune. Is the apr tune noticeably more powerful

It is fairly noticeably weaker, but the smoothness trumps the power for me. I'm tired of being jerked around by APR's 2.0. This is all in the interim for me though, until I get my F23 installed and protuned.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
They acknowledge and give a detailed update if you call them

I was just as frustrated as everyone else. But after speaking with them on several occasions, I have more of an appreciation for what is going on on their end.

Last time APR responded on this forum they stated there wasn't anything wrong with the 6MT tune.

I spoke to my tuner and APR did not acknowledge anything with the 6MT tune at that time either.

And honestly i couldn't care less about calling APR directly. I did once a few weeks ago and they let me down horribly. Regardless of what happens i'll be stuck paying additional labor fee's in hopes of that they'll provide an updated tune thats works properly.

I have zero sympathy for APR at this point. They've had almost a year to acknowledge this problem correctly and communicate whats going on to us since we are theconsumers in a professional manor, which they haven't.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I doubt we see it before the new year. We all know it's not really a priority for them.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Everyone just buy a cobb accessport and get a protune, problem solved and you'll make more power. my 2 cents.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Everyone just buy a cobb accessport and get a protune, problem solved and you'll make more power. my 2 cents.

Yeah let's all spend $650+labor for a protune

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
The problem I have is cobb only supports the mk6 gti and nothing else. I have a 2010 audi a3 if cobb was available I would have gone with them the very first time. Now I am stuck waiting on updates from apr about when they are going to fix their files for the tsi.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to clarify, do the torque limited tunes have approximately the same torque values as the old version 1 files?

I have a stock clutch, so I would like smoother power delivery throughout the power band, but not necessarily more peak torque than my current Stage 1tune delivers.

Also, is the torque by gears a new feature?

Thanks!

You're going to need a new clutch. Mine only lasted 5,000 miles after I tuned full stage 2. Save for an LSD also. Not an expert, but have had the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe if you're upgraded clutch was starting to go out? Idk...I have a fully loaded ECU, so I got my stage 2 93 oct high output file, but beyond that I really didn't care what I got. I took 104 oct just in case one day I decided to take it to the track, and then I also got stock... Then I think my last one was 91 oct low output just in case something happens where the car has problems with the stage 2 highout and I don't feel like going back to stock.

It didn't matter for me though. Since I got my tune I've never changed the program and don't have plans to.

Thanks for your post. I've been stage 3 clutch since tuned and have wondered if the v2. would cause any slip.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the new update on Tuesday, only put ~100miles on it so far. I went straight from stock to the new Stage 2 tune so I can't compare it to previous APR tunes, but so far I'm very much liking what I've seen.

I'm still on my stock OEM clutch, which had 46k miles on it before I flashed to stage 2, so far it seems to be handling the 93 high output torque without issue. The tune seems incredibly smooth and great throttle response. Great fun to drive, and I'm actually averaging nearly 5MPG better than I was stock (and it's not because I have been gentle with the throttle :lol:)

The only issue I have noticed a bit of a rough idle on cold start (after revs initially settle down, the RPMs fluctuate from about 1100 to 1200 until I drive it and engine is up to temp.) I'm still on the factory spark plugs and coil packs, so I'll swap those out tonight and see if it helps the idle. I haven't seen anyone else reporting similar symptoms, so it's likely an issue with my car, not the tune.

To answer the above question, program switching still works the same as before.

To summarize initial impressions, THIS TUNE IS AWESOME!

How's that clutch now that it's getting cold out? You might start to notice some slipping when you get into 4-6 and hit the gas from a coast.