GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques

Old 06-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #183
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Had a ride in Jay's car, I'm not a small dude, and the extinguisher wasn't in the way.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #184
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Had a ride in Jay's car, I'm not a small dude, and the extinguisher wasn't in the way.
It's actually the smaller passengers that even notice it at all. The bigger you are the more knee clearance you have over the seat. People with short legs tend to rest on the extinguisher. I've had a few people get their clothes hung up on it, so I warn people of it now. Oh well. #racecar.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #185
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2000 Saturn SC1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
i could be wrong but i think its more of an issue for shorter people...cause small legs dont clear it

correct me if im wrong forums
i thought snapchat was only for dickpics
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:05 PM   #186
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
It's actually the smaller passengers that even notice it at all. The bigger you are the more knee clearance you have over the seat. People with short legs tend to rest on the extinguisher. I've had a few people get their clothes hung up on it, so I warn people of it now. Oh well. #racecar.
wow yeah, that makes sense.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
Old 06-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #187
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
i could be wrong but i think its more of an issue for shorter people...cause small legs dont clear it

correct me if im wrong forums
lol posted at the same time
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #188
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
lol posted at the same time
o wow. teamwork
Old 06-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #189
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 4DR Wolfsburg 6MT
Anyone doing the Dub Deliverance event at Dominion Raceway with Trackdaze this year? At $89 for a full trackday, it's an amazing deal.

http://getdeliverednow.com/
APR Stage 2 v2.4 93 tune, APR Cast Downpipe, DIY RSR Clutch, Peloquin LSD, iABED RMS, Carbonio Intake, Diesel Geek Sigma 6, SuperPro ALK, H&R 26mm/24mm swaybars, ECS Subframe collar kit, Stoptech / G-LOC R8 Pads, Centric Rotors, TS Brake Bushing Kit, Motul RBF600 Fluid, Yokohama ad08r's on OZ 17" Omnia (Track), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on Serrons(Street) Build Thread
Ronnie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #190
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
7 hours away. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #191
Eowyn89
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 Mk6 GTI
So I recently bought a new toy - an E36 M3 - to replace my GTI (aka Éowyn) as my weekend/show car and want to finish turning Éowyn into a street legal track car since I've already done a bunch of track-related mods to her. I already searched the forum, but I didn't find much on what racing seats folks use. Anyone in this group have recommendations? I'd prefer something that isn't too firm/stiff/rough since I'll still be driving to and from track events. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #192
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn89 View Post
So I recently bought a new toy - an E36 M3 - to replace my GTI (aka Éowyn) as my weekend/show car and want to finish turning Éowyn into a street legal track car since I've already done a bunch of track-related mods to her. I already searched the forum, but I didn't find much on what racing seats folks use. Anyone in this group have recommendations? I'd prefer something that isn't too firm/stiff/rough since I'll still be driving to and from track events. Thanks!
When I get some eventually they will be Sparco's. I know lots of people that love theirs.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #193
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn89 View Post
E36 M3 should be fun on track, it's too bad we didn't get the Euro-spec version here in the states though.

Curious to know how the GTI compares on track. My track day dream car is the Z3M Coupe. Got to drive one last year and fell in love.
APR Stage 2 v2.4 93 tune, APR Cast Downpipe, DIY RSR Clutch, Peloquin LSD, iABED RMS, Carbonio Intake, Diesel Geek Sigma 6, SuperPro ALK, H&R 26mm/24mm swaybars, ECS Subframe collar kit, Stoptech / G-LOC R8 Pads, Centric Rotors, TS Brake Bushing Kit, Motul RBF600 Fluid, Yokohama ad08r's on OZ 17" Omnia (Track), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on Serrons(Street) Build Thread
Old 07-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #194
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Champion

VW/Audi Trackdaze Event at Dominion Raceway

Anyone on here going to the VW Deliverance Event with Trackdaze at Dominion on August 11th? Can't beat the price at $89...

https://www.trackdaze.com/index.php/...iverance--2018
Old 08-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #195
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Champion

Here's some video of the Dub Deliverance event at Dominion Raceway with Trackdaze this past weekend. Overall, it was a great turnout from the VW/Audi community!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlXI-KzPi64

Also, here's a clip of a mk7 R that went four off in turn one...fortunately he pulled it back in before the tire wall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW7102D2fYo
Old 08-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #196
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2000 Saturn SC1
surprised he didnt let you pass after that...

code brown all day
i thought snapchat was only for dickpics
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i cant find the apex, track days for days