GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
In4updates

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Sorted out the mounting and got the fronts on. It did end up mounting to the rear exhaust bracket. I was being blonde and didn't think it was long enough.

The fronts passenger side is supposed to mount to the motor mount. I didn't like that so I found a machine screw right under my catch can and mounted to that.

My sway bar was really now flexing like normal and I couldn't push it down and out of the way to get the spindle off the strut. Ended up pulling the axle out and that gave enough clearance. Done suspension on many gti's and have only had to pull the axles a few times. Of course my car is fussy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ur setup is gonna be awesome dude ur gonna have to let me drive it sometime haha

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
2 bushings left.

Mk5 upper controls arms done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Why MK5 uppers? Stronger points?

jay745

Ur setup is gonna be awesome dude ur gonna have to let me drive it sometime haha
That can probably be arranged

Yo! I’ve been off the forum for a couple years but I’m back researching some issues. Glad to see you are still modding my friend! I have a lot to get caught up on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha good times! It's been a journey

Why MK5 uppers? Stronger points?
Yeah, VW cheaped out on the mk6 unfortunately. The mk6 uses two very thin stamped steel pieces welded together. The spot that holds the bushing is very weak and flimsy. Mk5 arms are much more solid and the part that holds the bushing is one solid piece.

Here's the mk6 arm

and the mk5 arm

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
That can probably be arranged

Ha good times! It's been a journey

Yeah, VW cheaped out on the mk6 unfortunately. The mk6 uses two very thin stamped steel pieces welded together. The spot that holds the bushing is very weak and flimsy. Mk5 arms are much more solid and the part that holds the bushing is one solid piece.

Here's the mk6 arm

and the mk5 arm

Pics no worky

jay745

Moving on now to the other stuff now. Removed the neuspeed intercooler last night. Sold it to a buddy and it's getting installed on his car tomorrow.

There's really not a 'ton' left to do. Have to install the eurojet intercooler, oil cooler, turbo blanket, rebuild the brakes, re seat the rotors, install the axles, and replace the endlinks which I just found to be completely shot. - I think that's it.

Oh and then get a corner balance and alignment.

I was a bit upset finding the endlinks in the shape they were in.. But I guess they've been abused quite a lot. Probably 25 or so track days on them.