GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"optimal cruising speeds"

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
HALP! I used to be able to cruise at 80mph in my mkv gti and get great mpg... this is a no go for the golf r (mpg wise)... please share your cruising speeds and mpg ratings.

I drive a lot on freeways and gas isn't cheap, this is my daily and only car. No i won't trade it for a higher rated MPG vehicle so don't go there :)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Good MPG and Golf R will not be in the same sentence.

But if you'd like to baby the car at 55-65 you'll get the best MPG

toproy

Ricer hunter
You will have to stay below 60 to get anything near where you were with the GTI...

Of course... you could join us TDIs and be in the low 50 MPG at that speed or medium 40s at 75+ ;)

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
I get the best mpg at 73 mph, no joke. Returned 34 on a trip from Cheyenne>Denver last weekend, 220 miles. DSG GTI.. then again I haven't tried under 65..

Whamas

Ready to race!
I get about 27mpg at 70

I see about that as well. Honestly, coming from a stage 2 mkv GTI, the gas mileage doesn't really surprise me that much. It might have been my tune, but my old GTI was just as thirsty as the R.

I don't drive that much though so at the end of the day, I don't mind paying a little more on gas if it means I get to have fun driving it.

9V7W3

Ready to race!
Today on the way to work I was extra light on the gas.. In my stage 2+ R this is what I averaged holding steady @75 mph, 3200RPM... That was over 34 miles

DummyBear

Ready to race!
cruise at 60-65 at 28-29 mpg