GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Effed Up Side Skirts

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
So I hit some pylons at an Autocross a couple of weeks ago and effed up these stupid looking plastic things under my doors. Has anyone ever just taken these off, and if so, does it look ugly? IMG_3561.jpg

Pic 22.jpg

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
ouch....sorry to hear.

If you took them off then you're GTI would look just like a Golf from the side.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Only problem is there's gonna be visible holes.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
ouch....sorry to hear.

If you took them off then you're GTI would look just like a Golf from the side.

I can live with that.

Only problem is there's gonna be visible holes.

I can't live with that.

I guess I'll wait until the end of the season and look into some Thunderbunny skirts. I just hate to get into the whole body shop painting ordeal.

One weird thing... this happened on both sides, at the front edge, on the same day, and all of the cones that I hit (which was a lot, half of my runs were in the pouring rain) were in slow sections. This might sound crazy, but is it possible that they came unattached because of body twist? The screws that hold them in place aren't all bent to hell like I would expect.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
They are easy to take off, there are 2 torx screws, then you slide the entire piece forward, or backward, I don't recall which. There won't be any holes, but there will be several small metal posts left sticking out. I'd at least take it off to inspect the damage, it may be easily fixable without buying any new parts.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
There won't be any holes, but there will be several small metal posts left sticking out.

If you remove the posts you have a bunch of holes.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
If you remove the posts you have a bunch of holes.

The last thing I need is more holes. I like the Revo splitter rails, but they’re expensive as crap, and from what I can tell you need to pair them with the Golf R skirts, which sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk