GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #15
Speeddemon69
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGUILLE View Post
https://vimeo.com/175923135


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
details on your mods? cause that seems weak for a stage 3 setup. that more like a k04 setup to me. Stage 3 is more than 325whp. unless you have one of those weak REVO tunes that considers the k04 a stage 3 item.
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #16
dafuture
Formula 5000 Driver
 
dafuture's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 GTI, '95 Volvo 850
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon69 View Post
details on your mods? cause that seems weak for a stage 3 setup. that more like a k04 setup to me. Stage 3 is more than 325whp. unless you have one of those weak REVO tunes that considers the k04 a stage 3 item.
I think you're a little off on that. Every tuner has a different structure for their tunes. Just because APR lists their BT as Stage 3 doesn't mean that's what actually constitutes Stage 3 for everyone. Nor does that make Revo's K04 tune "weaker:" than any of the other K04 offerings. They just name it differently.

APR - Stage 1, Stage 2, K04
Uni - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 2+
Revo - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3

These are all the same progressions, just different ways of describing it.

The more you know
__________________
My Build
dafuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:22 AM   #17
Speeddemon69
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafuture View Post
I think you're a little off on that. Every tuner has a different structure for their tunes. Just because APR lists their BT as Stage 3 doesn't mean that's what actually constitutes Stage 3 for everyone. Nor does that make Revo's K04 tune "weaker:" than any of the other K04 offerings. They just name it differently.

APR - Stage 1, Stage 2, K04
Uni - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 2+
Revo - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3

These are all the same progressions, just different ways of describing it.

The more you know


As you can see revo is the only one naming it stage 3. I already knew all that. That's why I said it. And revo tune is weaker than the new and improved APR v3.1 ko4 file. I know from experience from racing one with same setup as me.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:42 AM   #18
NSGUILLE
Newbie
 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon69 View Post
details on your mods? cause that seems weak for a stage 3 setup. that more like a k04 setup to me. Stage 3 is more than 325whp. unless you have one of those weak REVO tunes that considers the k04 a stage 3 item.
Stage3 software
k04 turbo kit
diverter forge
eurojet intercooler
intercooler outlets
eurojet downpipe (catless)
eurojet catback
cts intake
ignition projects coils
iridium spark plugs
DSG stage 2
front stoptech brake kit
h&r sports
shocks bilstain
advan neova ad08 tyres
tsw nurburgring rims
and after that video snow water/meth system
NSGUILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #19
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Join Date: May 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 818
That forge dv is probably making you lose power
__________________
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:53 PM   #20
Speeddemon69
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGUILLE View Post
Stage3 software
k04 turbo kit
diverter forge
eurojet intercooler
intercooler outlets
eurojet downpipe (catless)
eurojet catback
cts intake
ignition projects coils
iridium spark plugs
DSG stage 2
front stoptech brake kit
h&r sports
shocks bilstain
advan neova ad08 tyres
tsw nurburgring rims
and after that video snow water/meth system


That's a nice setup you got there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #21
Speeddemon69
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
That forge dv is probably making you lose power


Yeah that and the CTS intake if he has the V1 . I'd get a IE intake with that setup for the icing on the cake!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:51 AM   #22
jshay
Formula 5000 Champion
 
jshay's Avatar
 
Drives: GLI
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
God damn you're an idiot.
jshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #23
EJBGTIVI
Formula 1 Driver
 
EJBGTIVI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 8,839
__________________
Forum Guru/Sticker Police
I LIKE BEER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
Fuck Golf. Go skate.
EJBGTIVI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #24
dafuture
Formula 5000 Driver
 
dafuture's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 GTI, '95 Volvo 850
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon69 View Post
As you can see revo is the only one naming it stage 3. I already knew all that. That's why I said it. And revo tune is weaker than the new and improved APR v3.1 ko4 file. I know from experience from racing one with same setup as me.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No offense man, but the fact that you were comparing the Revo Stage 3 power numbers to APR's big turbo numbers kind of shows that you had no idea what you were actually looking at. You specifically said "that isn't stage 3 power, more like K04", so clearly you weren't familiar with the naming structure.

Not to mention that just because your car built a specific way beat a Revo K04 car built a specific way does not mean the entire potential of the file is weak (plus, I'm sure your cars did not have exactly the same setups). One of the highest power K04 cars on here was a Revo car.

My only point was that every tuner uses a different naming structure. The fact that you're comparing a tune's performance to a completely different setup based on how the company decided to name it is pretty sad.
__________________
My Build

Last edited by dafuture; 08-04-2016 at 05:21 PM.
dafuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #25
kern417
Formula 2 Driver
 
Drives: '09 Jetta
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,672
did you read his whole post? we get it you like your revo tune, but you're splitting hairs with your argument.

btw revo sucks.
__________________
do a burnout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTI13 View Post
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #26
dafuture
Formula 5000 Driver
 
dafuture's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 GTI, '95 Volvo 850
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
did you read his whole post? we get it you like your revo tune, but you're splitting hairs with your argument.

btw revo sucks.
Has nothing to do with what tune I run, especially given that I actually got rid of my Revo tune to try other things. Just haven't updated my sig.

The reason I point this stuff out is because it's terrible information for new people reading the forums. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten PMs from people asking me crazy questions because some idiot put up bad information. There was a guy the other day that was trying to run full E85 in stock mode.

Also, glad you pointed out that Revo sucks. Feel better now?
__________________
My Build
dafuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #27
kern417
Formula 2 Driver
 
Drives: '09 Jetta
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,672
clearly he's a little more well versed by his question. so probably doesn't need his hand held.

and yup. been holding on to that one for almost a day. they still suck.
__________________
do a burnout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTI13 View Post
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #28
dafuture
Formula 5000 Driver
 
dafuture's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 GTI, '95 Volvo 850
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
clearly he's a little more well versed by his question. so probably doesn't need his hand held.

and yup. been holding on to that one for almost a day. they still suck.
Dude, if he were well versed, he wouldn't have been saying that "it seems a little weak for Stage 3." Guy didn't know that Revo names their K04 file Stage 3. If he had, there wouldn't have been a question to begin with.

You're welcome to your opinion on any and all things. I frankly don't care whether you think Revo is good or bad, I just didn't really see the point in bashing them in this situation. As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't too pleased with their tunes, as I switched to other companies. All I'm trying to do is prevent misinformation.
__________________
My Build
dafuture is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
#assman

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.