GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
markus037
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
do any of you stage 2 guys have issues with passing emissions?

I was just curious if any of you guys have issues passing emssions inspections.
markus037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
pdan
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2009 VW Jetta TDI (sold), 2013 GTI
Itís on the back burner for me...technically still registered at my parents address in PA and they have yearly inspections, however Iíve lived in 3 different states in the past year. Technically Iím past due but thanks to a nice loophole I have 30 days upon entering the state to get it inspected. No plans for that, Iím waiting till I move to Florida to reregister with no inspections. But thereís a lot of things you can do. Guarantee pass would be to swap downpipes and tune back to stock. Apart from that, people will say a whole variety of things. I ran stock ecu with a downpipe and avoided a CEL with a spacer. But I avoided WOT, that would trigger one. Good luck, and VAG COM would be a worthwhile investment if only for emissions headaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW 2dr 6MT-Stratified Tuned-Unitronic Intake-Southbend Stage 2 Daily-R8 Coils-NGK Plugs-ECS Tuning 3in Catted Downpipe-Neuspeed Catback-ECS Tuning Dogbone Mount-Unibrace UB-GFB DV-OEM LED Dark Cherry Tails
pdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
cchase__
Autocross Champion

Drives: Shadow Blue Metallic MK6 GTI 2 Door
Nope I posted in the What did you do to your MK6 today?

Get an 02 Spacerhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/280979349411

Placed it after the cat on CCTA. I didn't use the extension that came with it just the 90 bend. Face it towards the front of the car opposite the flow. Make sure its real tight because you can get check engine lights even on stage 2 (Like I was getting). I drove around for little bit after install staying under 2000RPM. You'll know it's working when the check engine light comes stating that it's expecting to read rich but not. I checked readiness on the cobb access port until the 02 sensor said ready. Make sure you're on at least half a tank of gas because when you take the cap off it sets the EVAP system to not ready. I failed the first time because I just recently got gas. My catalyst was reading as ready which was unexpected because its a 200 cell.
cchase__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #4
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
I have revo stage 2 with an arm catted dp and stock catback. Passed inspection in NY with no spacer. Car is CCTA
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #5
cchase__
Autocross Champion

Drives: Shadow Blue Metallic MK6 GTI 2 Door
How'd you do that?
cchase__ is offline   Reply With Quote