GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #14043
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Nissan JUKE GTR NISMO SPEC V TYPE R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver66 View Post
Drove a Mk7
Nice how long did it take them to vinyl your roof and paint the front bumper?
Old 05-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #14044
Revolver66
FIA GT Champion

Drives: UG Mk6 GTI & NB Mk7 GTI
I drove my Mk6 to the dealer to talk to the service manager...and ran into that car.
Now: Mk6 GTI- United Grey/Interlagos Plaid, DSG, 2 door (APR Stage 1+ 93 octane B2.3, APR Carbonio intake, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, Centric C-TEK slotted/drilled rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, Tyrol brass caliper bushings, Double Apex carbon fiber shift paddles).
Mk7 GTI- Night Blue/Clark Plaid, DSG, Lighting Package, APR Stg1 LO Next: (undecided) Porshe 997.2 Carrera 4 S or GTS
Revolver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #14045
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: GTI Wolfsburg '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
I believe the black part on the roof is the sunroof and not vinyl and the mk7s have color matched lower valances!
GTIMK6_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #14046
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Nissan JUKE GTR NISMO SPEC V TYPE R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIMK6_ View Post
I believe the black part on the roof is the sunroof and not vinyl and the mk7s have color matched lower valances!
kidding cause #theylookalike #eyesofnonmk6members
Old 05-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #14047
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: GTI Wolfsburg '13
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTIMK6_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #14048
Jmules
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 SBM DSG
Got my double apex paddles put on. HUGE improvement over the stock ones. There goes my fuel economy....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Jmules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #14049
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmules View Post
Got my double apex paddles put on. HUGE improvement over the stock ones. There goes my fuel economy....

i want your dsg
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #14050
dubessa
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Snowmobile 3000
Went a little cray cray today. Had a cel after installing exhaust. No surprise really. So today I finally went apr stage two plus

In the process I got myself r8 coilpacks and did a little crafty work as well

And a little bit on the engine cover. Doubt that will last long though

IG @mk6nessa
My Build Thread
dubessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #14051
shdwblugti
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2016 non DSGhey R
Quote:

Very nice

I have S2T, huge difference over stock paddles
shdwblugti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #14052
Revolver66
FIA GT Champion

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Quote:

Surprising so few people know about/add the Double Apex replacements. Everyone discusses the S2Ts or those stick on ones. These are $100 cheaper than the S2Ts in aluminum or the beautiful handmade carbon fiber I got. Adding these improves the driver "connectedness" to the transmission in a lot of ways. It's a weird oversight by VW. The BRZ has better paddles and the transmission sucks. Ones that stick on with tape are functional and all that...but these are Porsche-quality. The design also matches the steering wheel. . As for stick on ones: there's no excuse, they look half-assed. Sure the + and - don't light up but who cares? I'd say his simple mod would fix most ppl's gripes by making M mode more effective. I have a hard time not using em.

Adding the replacements definitely hurt my gas mileage more than the tune

Now: Mk6 GTI- United Grey/Interlagos Plaid, DSG, 2 door (APR Stage 1+ 93 octane B2.3, APR Carbonio intake, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, Centric C-TEK slotted/drilled rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, Tyrol brass caliper bushings, Double Apex carbon fiber shift paddles).
Mk7 GTI- Night Blue/Clark Plaid, DSG, Lighting Package, APR Stg1 LO Next: (undecided) Porshe 997.2 Carrera 4 S or GTS
Old 05-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #14053
Jmules
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 SBM DSG
Yeah the stock "paddles" are pretty disappointing. These are way more functional, and really well built. Being able to turn the wheel and hit paddles from different angles is a big improvement. I never even considered stick on ones, that seems pretty lame. I've always been an MT guy but these are pretty fun!

Jmules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #14054
Revolver66
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Yeah the stock "paddles" are pretty disappointing. These are way more functional, and really well built. Being able to turn the wheel and hit paddles from different angles is a big improvement. I never even considered stick on ones, that seems pretty lame. I've always been an MT guy but these are pretty fun!

They probably designed the stock ones so people don't accidentally hit them, but to keep them the same for 10 years and not even give cars like the R better ones? Oh well...the new A3 doesn't even get em!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #14055
trev1342
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: '14 GTI Driver's Edition DSG
Quote:
kidding cause #theylookalike #eyesofnonmk6members
DeAuto Full LED Kit w. Red Footwells - Aluminum Glove Box Handle - OEM Auto Euro Light Switch - VAG-COM - Clear Side Markers - Amber LED Side Marker Bulbs - APR Carbonio Intake - APR Stage 1 Tuned - OEM R8 Coil Packs - OEM Porsche Coolant/Oil Caps - Black Wiper Fluid Cap - ECS Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - Bright Halogen Fog Light Bulbs - OEM Golf R Euro LED Tails (R20) - DeAuto Amber Front/Rear LED Turn Signals - DeAuto LED Reverse Lights
trev1342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:49 AM   #14056
Revolver66
FIA GT Champion

Quote:

Ain't my roof, my good Sir! getting a blue R next summer. Red? Ugh...

Tags
#assman, #saveboostedvw11, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?