GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Canada 2010 Golf GTI Order Guide & Pricing

Q822

Ready to race!
No, I don't talk about the adapter only...I will really have all the kit ...it's something like 400$ but they gave it to me...

Q822

Ready to race!
does someone know if the canadian GTI will have the front lip on it...not like in the us...I didn't see canadian model yet...

zee

Go Kart Champion
I am aware of two GTIs that have arrived in the Toronto area. One in Agrincourt and one in Georgetown. The guy from Agrincourt is to pick up today, but mentioned that as the GTI came off the truck yesterday before PDI...It did not have it installed.

Last edited:

Q822

Ready to race!
excuse me ...it's probably because my english sucks but what is PDI lol...sorry lol

GTIGuy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's my car.

My MKIV TDI beside its replacement.

I've put on over 1000km since Saturday. It's blast to driver. The engine is inaudible until you step on the gas aggressively. Then it makes a nice low-end grunt. Otherwise its dead silent.

The clutch is nice with a short travel. The brakes have almost no dead spot but are very progressive and easy to drive smoothly. The manual is smooth with short throws. Everything is pretty much super smooth with a tight/no slack response.

The suspension is perfect for me. I wouldn't want it any stiffer nor softer. Big bumps are not a problem with the 18" wheels either. My car came with Dunlop all-seasons. They do have the Transport Canada Winter Snowflake symbol meaning they do have some winter capabilities - though I will be getting a set of winter tires anyway.

The steering is very light at slow speeds but weighs up significantly once up to speed.

Dual zone climatronic is very easy to use and the settings show up on the screen when they are being adjusted.

Nav seems to work well. You can set destinations when the vehicle is moving. Sirius is pretty cool as I've never experience Sat radio before.

The HIDs are great. You can notice them turn on long radius curves.

The trip computer display in the instrument cluster has a lot of functions besides trip information. It will display Navigation instructions and even when you don't have a destination set it will still show the name of the street you are currently on. It also displays radio information, has a compass, speed, outside temp, and the gear you are in. You can also set a bunch of settings for the front lights and door locks.

jjkh

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi GTIGuy, nice pics and nice little writeup. I ordered same as you except no Nav. Can't wait till mine arrives.