GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New DSG in MK6 GTI or B8 S4?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Thanks for that. I owe $5k on the car, but could probably sell it for $12k (KBB). Replacing the trans for $3.5k gets me close to where I don't make any money selling it.

ahh, sorry. I thought you were going to sell it for $5,000 as is, and pay off you loan.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Same here. No one really fits comfortable in the front passenger seat. Unless you're short person. I have recaro traveling system in mine. Recaro Performance Ride in my wife's GLI.

Here's the GLI with stroller in it.

View attachment 51181

We use the GLI when we travel together. Since I can sit infront passenger with room to spare. And if I need to sit in back, more room as well.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Is the rear passenger seat folded down in that shot?

Jaber

Modero
Is the rear passenger seat folded down in that shot?

Nope. Trunk in the GLI is pretty big.

Not my car, but that same stroller ends up looking like this in the GTI.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion

Thanks. Really wish the GLI was offered in AWD...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion

Jaber

Modero
Not bad. It's CBFA however. Not sure if that matters to you or not. Could transfer some of your parts too.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Not bad. It's CBFA however. Not sure if that matters to you or not. Could transfer some of your parts too.

Really just an extra filter on the intake, right? I don't have emissions testing here, so not worried about that.

ben_m

Ready to race!

pffff, when I have our CitySelect (double)with us, I have to take off the damn hatch area cover and pop a wheel off, god those things are such monstrosities to lug around.

Back to the OP,

Also check out a used G37 AWD. Relatively cheap, practically maintenance free (outside of brake pads), 330HP, great interior and a trunk that will actually fit a stroller or 2, plus luggage etc.

zipsled

Ready to race!
Also check out a used G37 AWD. Relatively cheap, practically maintenance free (outside of brake pads), 330HP, great interior and a trunk that will actually fit a stroller or 2, plus luggage etc.

This. You can get in to a 2012 with less than 35K miles for $22-25K at a dealer...less with a private party sale.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
For the same price: '10 A4 6mt quattro (75k miles) or CPO '13 GLI Autobahn 6mt (22k miles)?

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
When my son was born I tried to keep my GTI, but it was too small for a family of four. I couldn't fit everyone in the car and take my running stroller when we had races. The Tiguan is a good alternative. It's awd, has a larger cargo compartment, and more room inside. There are quiet a few modded Tiguans on a Facebook group that was created by a man on VW Vortex.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Just test drove a GLI. Didn't like it. The GTI interior spoiled it for me. It was smoother and had a bigger trunk, but that's about the only improvement I saw...

Jaber

Modero
Just test drove a GLI. Didn't like it. The GTI interior spoiled it for me. It was smoother and had a bigger trunk, but that's about the only improvement I saw...

Yeah. Interior feels cheaper in the GLI. But the bigger interior makes up for it. Along with the trunk.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.