GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW 1.4 TSI Engine Issues

HansColor

Hello,

New to the forum and unfortunately at a couple of days from placing an order for a 2013 Mk6 Golf 1.4 TSI (in Mexico) I came across with tons of material capturing issues (major) on the twincharged engine, Now I'm hesitant whether I should get the car in the first place. As with many other people around the globe, I tried to get an official version from VW with no valuable response from them other than to visit their page for further details.

Any thoughts? Has this engine been drop from VW offering in Europe?

Thanks.

jrokami13

Ready to race!
Waiting for some good news in 2015...

Hello,

New to the forum and unfortunately at a couple of days from placing an order for a 2013 Mk6 Golf 1.4 TSI (in Mexico) I came across with tons of material capturing issues (major) on the twincharged engine, Now I'm hesitant whether I should get the car in the first place. As with many other people around the globe, I tried to get an official version from VW with no valuable response from them other than to visit their page for further details.

Any thoughts? Has this engine been drop from VW offering in Europe?

Thanks.

So did you purchase the Golf with the 1.4 twin charger? This engine is still offered in Europe but starting in 3/14 it appears that VW will be getting away from this platform and just going with a non-turbo/no-supercharged version of the 1.4. Not only do to its problematic tendencies but also because VW claims its too expensive to produce. My wife is in the market for a new car and she loves the Polo GTI, but having read about all the issues with that engine I advised her against it. There are talks that the new performance engine will go back to being a 1.8 starting in 2015 for the likes of the Polo GTI other performance variants.

Better late than never.