GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust setups?

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I currently have an arm motorsports Hugh flow catted downpipe mated with the oem catback on my mk6 dsg Gti. Was wondering what exhaust setups you guys have. I want pops and gurgles but not too much rasp, mostly a nice subtle deep tone at cruising speeds and loud when you open it up. Was thinking about cutting my car out also so I could get some cracks and pops hopefully. What are you guys running?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

JustinT

Ready to race!
My car has a muffler delete and an aftermarket Vibrant Resonator. It sounds deep and it's loud for having the OEM downpipe, highly recommend and no drone. I'm sure yours would sound even better with the downpipe.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Im also curious whats a good catback for the arm downpipe. Im running mine with the stock cat back as well. I was looking into the beluga since its the most affordable but that might be a little loud for what I want. Id love a neuspeed but there are other things Id probably buy at the moment if I was interested in spending that much. Ive seen all the different exhaust set up videos on youtube. Anyone running an aftermarket catback with an arm downpipe they can share a video of?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
My car has a muffler delete and an aftermarket Vibrant Resonator. It sounds deep and it's loud for having the OEM downpipe, highly recommend and no drone. I'm sure yours would sound even better with the downpipe.

I've been thinking about doing this exact set up for a while now. I've seen a few videos of it and my only concern is if it sounds a bit too obnoxiously loud. I'm looking to only deepen the tone a little - not too much. How's yours?

JustinT

Ready to race!
I've been thinking about doing this exact set up for a while now. I've seen a few videos of it and my only concern is if it sounds a bit too obnoxiously loud. I'm looking to only deepen the tone a little - not too much. How's yours?

Hey man think we talked about it before, but to be honest I wish it was louder at times. I think it's the perfect tone, it is quiet when you need it to be and when you get on it the car sounds great. All my friends think it's the perfect tone and loudness as well. Some videos on youtube make it sound louder than it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
minimal loud: gut the cat and keep stock catback,
low loud: replace stock resonator with aftermarket,
medium loud: do a muffler delete with stock or aftermarket resanator,
a lot of loud: cut the resonator (my personal setup) you get a few more pops,
tractor loud: straight pipe catback
(only real way to get alot of pops is catless straight pipe or tune unfortunatly)

JustinT

Ready to race!
(only real way to get alot of pops is catless straight pipe or tune unfortunatly)

Exactly^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flamingti27

Ready to race!

So you just cut the resonator on the oem catback?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Flamingti27

Ready to race!

Do you also have any videos??

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Do you also have any videos??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVjP8IcZUVk

Here is mine, muffler delete with stock resonator, but my down pipe does not have a cat. Setup is quite loud but is not obnoxious to people in cabin and does not drone.

Noodle1

Ready to race!

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
AWE CBE . Stage 1 APR . And stage 1/2 APR intake .

I hate to Thread jack but has anyone ever had an aftermarket CBE and then decided to cut the resonator off of it ? . What were the results if you did ? Also is there any Catted DP on the face of this earth that you can slap on without o2 spacer Orr anything else and pass emissions ?

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
AWE CBE . Stage 1 APR . And stage 1/2 APR intake .

I hate to Thread jack but has anyone ever had an aftermarket CBE and then decided to cut the resonator off of it ? . What were the results if you did ? Also is there any Catted DP on the face of this earth that you can slap on without o2 spacer Orr anything else and pass emissions ?

Just go stage 2, no fault code and your already half way there at stage 1 [emoji16]