GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modifying: Why would anyone do that to a VW?

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
If you're not interested in modding that is cool.. I am trending lightly myself, but I can definitely appreciate some of the great efforts people on this forum are putting into their cars. I think it is great and fun to watch peoples projects proceed and grow.

And if you don' like it that is fine... you'll just have to ignore about 95% of the content on this forum.

HaveBulldogWillTravel

Ready to race!
Posting: Why would anyone post a question like this?

I cant understand why anyone would modify there vw, vw going to get the best out of the engine i got 1.4 with 160 bhp and im happy with my golf. why change any thing?

I can't understand why anyone would post a question like this. Why be happy with your golf when you can be ecstatic? Why not change all kinds of things?

Fordson

Ready to race!
I cant understand why anyone would modify there vw, vw going to get the best out of the engine i got 1.4 with 160 bhp and im happy with my golf. why change any thing?

See, I look on it as an option - a $600 option. Name me one other $600 option with as much value as an extra 90 lb/ft of torque.

I'll wait.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
None...

Best mod for the money. I still can't believe when people say it's underwhelming (after verifying no component failures causing issues). Anyone disappointed by the results of stage 1 must be going into it expecting their GTI to magically become an Audi R8.

WTF??? :attention_whore:

ick

Ready to race!
Why would I modify my car? Because homogenization is for milk.

Its called a passion. If you wanna just be another driver, go for it, but personally i love being apart of the car tuning culture. Some people spend 1000's of $ on golf clubs, or basket ball shoes or electronics (mac anyone?). Id rather improve what i love and make it unique. I gotta ride in it everywhere, why wouldnt i? You buy a nice house, why wouldnt you wanna do stuff like install new shades, doors, faucets, and things. Same principle.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

Your question is like asking "why do men love sex?"

SMH

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I cant understand why someone would post a question like this on a Forum like this? I mean most of us have modded vehicles in some way shape or form. Weather it's a tune, and exhaust, suspension, wheels, what ever. I personally have modified in some way or fashion every vehicle I have ever owned, it is something I like to do for my self not anyone on here or anywhere else. I do love this forum though and being able to share my obsession with others who have can appreciate it.

JP

Skeptix

Ready to race!
Asking stupid questions: Why would anyone do that on a forum?

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
I cant understand why anyone would modify there vw.

Let me make it real easy for you. Because the stock look sucks and it could look so much better with mods. Also like Chris said their engine is not tuned to their full potential and it could be so much better.