GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dumb question, what is this light that came on?

Have you seen the most recent Nissan Altima commercial.

The dang car honks at you when the tires get to the correct psi level.

How sad is it that they have to put this feature in a vehicle

Lemmings I say. Lemmings.

I'd like for it to honk at the owner mercilessly when the pressure is low. :lol:

Serves you right for buying an Altima. Nevermind it actually drives well now.

HaveBulldogWillTravel

Ready to race!
Wow, why you guys gotta be so harsh? I just asked a question, no need to get so angry or make it seem like I'm incompetent.

Thanks to all of those who helped me out.
They haven't been harsh at all! The truth often hurts and that "hurt" will be long remembered. So you should thank all those that gave you the "truth". This kinda falls in the same category as,

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Anyway, your "dumb question" could have easily been answered if you had RTFM!

Cheers!

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Well OP, I think they are giving you shit because a light came on, you didn't know what it was and the first thing that came to mind was to take a pic, get on the forums and start a thread about it when your owners manual was probably about a foot away while you were taking that pic. A simple google search would have helped as well. Im not bashing you, just trying to explain why you might get some flack. Welcome aboard!!

A_Bowers

I'd like for it to honk at the owner mercilessly when the pressure is low. :lol:

Serves you right for buying an Altima. Nevermind it actually drives well now.

That would be epic.

Just constantly going off.

Bahahahahaha.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Wow, why you guys gotta be so harsh? I just asked a question, no need to get so angry or make it seem like I'm incompetent.

Thanks to all of those who helped me out.

Improperly inflated tires is potentially dangerous. Shouldn't be driving on public roads if you don't know this. It's like running with scissors.

Uberryan

Banned
I'm a responsible car owner who reads the manual if there's an issue with my GTI.

I happen to be a woman too. Not all of us are idiots when it comes to our cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My initial comment in this thread was geared towards your average lady driver in a stereotypical but comical sense. Obviously a stereotype, while accurate in some cases, does no apply to everyone, and is purely meant to shake things up for a few laughs.

I forget internet is serious bidness.

McQueen77

Banned
OP makes it far too easy to be harsh. I bet people are mean to him a lot.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
maybe a bad question, but these icons showed up on my dash, what do they mean?

I mean, I've remembered what the TPMS sensor is since that's been around for almost 10years now and I quickly googled it instead of checking the quick reference guide with my owners manual.

Thought it would be easier to take a picture, circle it, host the picture, and then ask if anyone knows what this may be? perhaps its a little more straight forward than the TPMS sensor light with the "!" is? i mean, this shows a door open and i think the hatch too. Is my car preparing for flight or?

I kid, I kid ;)

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Thought it would be easier to take a picture, circle it, host the picture, and then ask if anyone knows what this may be? perhaps its a little more straight forward than the TPMS sensor light with the "!" is? i mean, this shows a door open and i think the hatch too. Is my car preparing for flight or?
I do not believe you run Photobucket. You implied that you are hosting the image. ;)

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Just had my 10k inspection and oil change(actually only 7800 miles on the car). Dealership also rotated my tires and bamo, light came on. Like everyone says, keep an eye on the tire pressure in each tire, and if it's ok, hit the reset switch in the glove box.

Same for me. 10K service rotation, light was on within 50 miles. Pressure is fine. Pressed the button and all good.

Uberryan

Banned
maybe a bad question, but these icons showed up on my dash, what do they mean?

I mean, I've remembered what the TPMS sensor is since that's been around for almost 10years now and I quickly googled it instead of checking the quick reference guide with my owners manual.

I kid, I kid ;)

Your trunk and door have fallen off.

Ideal214

Passed Driver's Ed
This happened to me the second day I got my car aparently they made it to be overly sensitive because they are using only nitrogen, that is not supposed to lose pressure in any temperature or condition so you might have a nail. I believe if you lose 2lbs of pressure it triggers it on, so you can put air to fill the rest of the tire if its low.