GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R glitches??

xenon

Ready to race!
Actually this is a fair question. The R I test drove did in fact have the LEAK on the rear window. I showed it to the agent as I returned the car and he agreed that it was a problem.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
The powertrain in the Golf R has been around awhile ... in fact there's very little of this car that hasn't been around awhile.

Engine/Transmission from the Audi S3 and TTS
Chasis is the same as the MKV
Standard VW interior ... honestly only some variations from MKV, and almost the same as the rest of VW's current lineup.

Nope, it's all pretty well tested. It probably can't get any more refined without starting with a clean slate.

Well, I know this was posted a little while ago, but since it was never corrected thought I just clarify things:

The Chassis of the Golf R IS NOT the same as the MKV, the Golf R has only the same engine CONSTRUCTION as the MkV GTI (engine is hardly the same actually).
The Golf R and the current GTI are both MK6 golfs and have the same chassis.
In fact the Golf R and MK6 GTI are based on the same platform and are differentiated by some main mechanical components (transmission, brakes, suspension, engine, exhaust) and some styling components (rims, spoilers, headlights), the chassis, body construction, interior, body panels, peripherals, electrics etc... are shared. Exact same story as was with the MkV GTI and MKV R32
So to answer OP, all glitches of the MK6 GTI (which are not related to the above list of non-shared components) are also found on the Golf R