GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is my DSG messed up after 9k miles?

///Audience

Ready to race!
Please watch this video and let me know if this sound is normal or if i have an issue.

The vehicle was wrecked a month ago. Both wheels were bent under the vehicle and a majority of the suspension was replaced. Now I am noticing this sound when moving my wheel while on a jack.

http://youtu.be/ieMhAlseAyI

///Audience

Ready to race!
yes its normal or yes im fucked?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Normal

JhnR

Banned
more like FU VW normal.

mcgti6

Ready to race!
just wondering,

how did u even come across ur car doing that? of all the times that i've had it jacked up, i've never thought to move it like that

///Audience

Ready to race!
i have a faulty wheel bearing and was trying to isolate the cause of the noise.

Mike @ BD Tuning as well as the head mechanic at the VW shop i go to all said that this is a serious problem with the DSG and I should not drive the vehicle but have it towed. Are they incorrect?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
When i replaced the clutch pack and put the dsg in park while it was still off the car the clutch pack would rotate just like in the vid and make that noise.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Um.... wheel bearing = like in the hub? Not sure how that would negatively affect the car because its DSG.

I've had wheel bearings go bad on previous cars and its a straight forward repair.

Remove wheel hub, remove bearing, replace with new bearing, put back together.

That being said, removing the bearing blows arse because its usually rusted on pretty good and you have to break it loose. Took me about an hour of straight hammering to get the last one off my Murano.