GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sylvania ZXE Bulb Install

HandGrenade06

Ready to race!
So I just bought a set of Sylvania ZXE low beam bulbs at Advanced Auto since they were on sale for $49.99 I figured I'd give them a shot. Incredibly easy install all you have to do is remove the rubber covers and squeeze your hand into the housing and turn the big plastic tab left and carefully pull the bulb and tab out. If you have big hands this might be an issue because of the tight fit especially on the drivers side due to the fuse box. Pull the old ones out (be careful if headlights were recently turned on) plug the new ones in and reverse the process. If the tabs don't turn all the way to 90 deg with the ground don't worry they are supposed to be that way. I turned em on real quick and didn't really notice a lot of difference but then again i was just In the garage but we shall see tonight when I go to the UK basketball game :) I have a before pic and i will take an after pic tonight and post them for anyone who's interested. Overall very easy install took less then 10 min.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Before and after shots of the headlights will be helpful in seeing the difference. Let us know what you think after driving tonight.

ShyGuy1

Passed Driver's Ed
X2

I've been debating on whether I should get them. I have the philips xtreme white but they're not as white. Definitely interested.

emk6

Ready to race!
Just don't expect these to last a very long time like the silverstars. I personally don' have the ZXE but I have tried the silverstars ultras on a different vehicle and that didn't last a year.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Theres a 5 page thread on this somewhere. They are considerably brighter and a little whiter. Not worth the money imo but we sell a lot of them. (im a gm for advance).

Banned
It's like every other day I see a thread about these kind of lights and they're just plain junk. They produce less lumans than factory bulbs (beam pattern fools eye to think that it works better) and have a shorter life.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I agree, save your pennies for some projector retrofits or replicas and get a decent HID kit. Puts WAY more light on the road. Halogen replacements always disappoint in the long run.

HandGrenade06

Ready to race!
Okay so after a few days of having them i love them the cut off looks sharper and they are deffintely brighter by a long shot i didnt notice it much at first because i have yellow lamin-x film on my fogs but when i turn off the fogs you can really notice the difference. As far as the pics go thats gonna be a day or two. On my way back home from kentucky it was raining really heavy and i decided i wanted to run over this nasty pot hole -__- wheels are fine no scratches or anything but the second i hit it my CEL and EPC light came on and the car instantly began to run like doodie. Thankfully its still under warranty and VW paid for the tow to the dealership which is where its at right now. Havent heard any word on what exactly went wrong but its free and i have a free loaner mk6 GLI :) so they can take their time in it.