GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New sub!

E-Rocko

Ready to race!
Where did you end up grounding the amp? Did you just self-tap a screw? I've seen people using the seat bolts.

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
What kind of music do you listen to?
How big is your box right now and tuned to what?
What subs and how much power are you running?

One 12 in a big ported can be just as loud, even louder, than two 12's in a small ported box.

I listen to any and everything but mostly Kaskade, Chem Bros, Tiesto :)
Current: Two 12" RE Audio subs in 1.5cuFt per chamber ported tuned to 45hz(so was told prefab box). Running 2 ohm JL Audio 500W mono

This was great when I was younger and didn't care about going deaf. But now in mid 30s and I can say I've been there and done that.
OP sorry didn't mean to jack your thread.

Tomato

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
Livefast

By pressure I mean when you sit inside the car, turn up the volume and you feel as if someone is blowing pressurized air into your eardrums. So much so that sometimes it kinda hurts and you squint your eyes cause bass notes are almost painful when they hit. (little extreme there but so you get the hint) Needless to say No way in heck can you ride around like that so almost useless really. Damned guess I'm getting OLD :(

livefast

Ready to race!
2 or 4 ohm?

2 ohm

Where did you end up grounding the amp? Did you just self-tap a screw? I've seen people using the seat bolts.

Sorry to tell you, but I really don't know. I had it installed at a shop. I'll drop in in the upcoming weeks and ask.

Livefast

By pressure I mean when you sit inside the car, turn up the volume and you feel as if someone is blowing pressurized air into your eardrums. So much so that sometimes it kinda hurts and you squint your eyes cause bass notes are almost painful when they hit. (little extreme there but so you get the hint) Needless to say No way in heck can you ride around like that so almost useless really. Damned guess I'm getting OLD :(

My setup does not sound like that. Never really experienced that so I can't compare it to mine. But I can tell you that mine does not hurt your ears at all and my eardrums feel fine. It's more of a hard hit that you feel in your body and head - not really in your eardrum. (If that makes sense)

A Milli, by lil wayne. It sounds INSANE with a huge woofer.

Just tried that out after picking up a friend. His reaction and mine: :eek:
Sounds absolutely insane. Even deeper than some of my most intense dubstep.

Another great song to put a sub to the test:

(((boom)))

Current: Two 12" RE Audio subs in 1.5cuFt per chamber ported tuned to 45hz(so was told prefab box). Running 2 ohm JL Audio 500W mono
Tomato

If you're looking to downsize, I'd say run one sub in a 1.5-2² @ 35Hz.
45Hz is pretty high for a daily driver. Better yet, build the port to 30Hz (long) then test it. If it's hits too low, shorten the port a bit and test again.

If you're looking to downsize, I'd say run one sub in a 1.5-2² @ 35Hz.
45Hz is pretty high for a daily driver. Better yet, build the port to 30Hz (long) then test it. If it's hits too low, shorten the port a bit and test again.

:word: I'm currently running a similar setup. This amp put outs between 420-500 watts @ 2ohms, sub is a Skar VVX10 (600 RMS)
This was right after we finished putting it all back together after the build. I have an MB Quart 1.1500D on order, should have it next week. Box is 1.5 cubes, tuned to 34hz with an aero port. (popped off the inside flare which shortened it a couple inches to raise the tuning closer to 37-38Hz, I like it better here for rock/alternative) It definitely pounds, but it is quite musical too.

In progress pic before port was installed.

Ultimately the box will be finished in black, but one step at a time.