GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air intake squeeze clamps

JayP

I just finished (almost) installing my APR Carbonio intake and I am unable to clamp together one of the squeeze clamps because it shifted back to the skinnier part of the tubing and the notches you normally squeeze with pliers are too wide to grip with pliers.... Its the grey squeeze clamp just above the MAF sensor tube (the side closer to the windshield).

Has anyone run into this and come up with a good solution? I don't own any tools that could do it, I dont think.

Passed Driver's Ed
Had same problem today.. I was doing the Afe Intake. Lucky for me the clamp was down on the stock connecter hose on the turbo..so i just pulled it off. You might need a ride to the store to get some wider reaching pliers. It might safe you time and a headache.

Using Tapatalk 2

Passed Driver's Ed
Some channel lock type of pliers would probably work.. I know I'll be getting a pair for future projects.

Using Tapatalk 2

Messy

I had this happen to me. I used a big c clamp and small set of pliers. Super sketch but got the job done. Does anyone have an amazon link for good hose clamp pliers to do this job? I'm about to install an apr intake pipe and throttle pipe.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I used needle nose when I first started out. Didn’t have any tools. It sucked, it was fucking frustrating, but after awhile it got done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
I used to use channel locks. It was okay. Last time I used a pair of vise grips and worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I used a pair of hose clamp pliers after struggling with channel locks. I ran out to AutoZone and picked up whatever they had and they are amazing. Work great for radiator hoses too.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Beware of the cheap cable hose clamps. Ive gone through multiple pairs where the cable stretches out after 10 or so uses and they arent cable to compress as much.