GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Any updates on the mk6 GTI tunes? Timeline? Are you planning on addressing things such as rev hang and making the throttle pedal more linear?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Any updates on the mk6 GTI tunes? Timeline? Are you planning on addressing things such as rev hang and making the throttle pedal more linear?

Absolutely, both of those issues have been covered in our running MK6 stage 1 & 2 tunes. We recently took our Golf R IE450T development car and our IE stage 2 tuned MK6 DSG car on a 2100 mile 4 day trip through the mountains, desert, sea level coast, and array of climate and altitude conditions for over-all hardware and tune testing in any area. Both cars performed incredible with zero issues and made the long trip a real blast. I personally drove our Stage 2 MK6 for the majority of the trip, it was incredibly fun through the red wood lined twisty roads of Lake Tahoe, through the canyons, and along the Pacific coast highway. At the same time it was easy and comfortable to drive through busy streets in San Francisco and Las Vegas. No hiccups, plenty of power in any gear, very responsive, and the torque would break the snow tires loose in pretty much any gear below 5th. We have a ton of local customer cars running our Stage 1 & 2 tunes here in SLC, and we are getting ready to roll out flashing options nation wide here as soon as possible.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely, both of those issues have been covered in our running MK6 stage 1 & 2 tunes. We recently took our Golf R IE450T development car and our IE stage 2 tuned MK6 DSG car on a 2100 mile 4 day trip through the mountains, desert, sea level coast, and array of climate and altitude conditions for over-all hardware and tune testing in any area. Both cars performed incredible with zero issues and made the long trip a real blast. I personally drove our Stage 2 MK6 for the majority of the trip, it was incredibly fun through the red wood lined twisty roads of Lake Tahoe, through the canyons, and along the Pacific coast highway. At the same time it was easy and comfortable to drive through busy streets in San Francisco and Las Vegas. No hiccups, plenty of power in any gear, very responsive, and the torque would break the snow tires loose in pretty much any gear below 5th. We have a ton of local customer cars running our Stage 1 & 2 tunes here in SLC, and we are getting ready to roll out flashing options nation wide here as soon as possible.

Awesome, I look forward to the release nationwide. Do you have any data/graphs available now?

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha. Thanks! Any stage two plots? Thinking of switching tunes eventually. Will you have something to switch profiles from stock like tubes and 100 octane etc? Do you know how far out you are from offering it throughout the US?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Gotcha. Thanks! Any stage two plots? Thinking of switching tunes eventually. Will you have something to switch profiles from stock like tubes and 100 octane etc? Do you know how far out you are from offering it throughout the US?

I have posted a stage 2 dyno somewhere, although it is very old now and our newest revisions blow it out of the water. We have been working with a few options on switching files lately, so yes. We will know more very soon on full release, it is not far away.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
I have posted a stage 2 dyno somewhere, although it is very old now and our newest revisions blow it out of the water. We have been working with a few options on switching files lately, so yes. We will know more very soon on full release, it is not far away.

Awesome. Thank you for the information! Looking forward to the release. I also just received my FDS Intercooler. Can't wait to install it soon!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Everyone waiting to see the performance cast intake manifolds for 2.0T FSI/TSI we have posted a small pre-release teaser on our Facebook page of a final casting. Head on over to www.facebook.com/inteng to check it out. Also we have promised to post more photos of the casting for Christmas.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Here are the very first photos of the IE performance cast intake manifolds for all 2.0T FSI/TSI (EA113 EA888 Gen 1/2) engines. These photos are of our cast sample, the final manufactured pieces will change slightly from pictured. We are working out the details of our pre-sale now, and will have that available early 2015! Thanks for your patience as we have developed this exciting product over the last couple of years, it has been a lot of work to manufacture these correctly that delivers both performance and a good fit. I'm excited to see and show you guys the first final manifolds when they come in, it's going to be an absolutely gorgeous piece.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
it's finally coming out!!!

Tyler,

Could you explain the removable top for the intake manifold? This one is quite different from your other manifolds. What is the purpose of the removable top?

Last edited:

Krog29

Ready to race!
10857823_10203440624003943_2688117306913905999_n.jpg

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
it's finally coming out!!!

Tyler,

Could you explain the removable top for the intake manifold? This one is quite different from your other manifolds. What is the purpose of the removable top?

The casting for this manifold is quite a bit more complicated than our others. The top plate is of no use once cast really, there was no way for the machines to access the inside of the plenum to clean up the castings with this design. We could have made design revisions to make that easier and cheaper, but that would remove a fair amount of performance. The access panel is there to allow proper removal of the casting plugs and irregularities inside the plenum and velocity stacks. The final manifolds will have a very nice CNC billet plate installed, these will look very nice and maybe even allow for different color options for a more personalized look in your engine bay.