GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60mph (0-100km/h) with stage 1 only?

Mr_Big

4.1 seconds to 60 mph on Revo stage one with DSG using launch control.

3.8 seconds to 60 mph on Revo stage one with an intake, stage 2 DSG map ( means you can launch at 4350rpm, so no bogging) and a HPA Haldex controller in race mode ( gives a more rear wheel drive bias to the 4wd system ). No other mods.

I'd expect other tuners to get similar times with similar mods, but the US forum probably isn't the best forum to ask about DSG tuned times as the USA doesn't get DSG with the .:R as an option.

Did you time your run with Performance Box?
I tried Revo but the best time i got was 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Thats with DSG and launch control, only a third of the fueltank full with 98 oct (93 in USA) and only me in the car. Everyone else seems to get max 4.5 with Revo, usually much less then that.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Did you time your run with Performance Box?
I tried Revo but the best time i got was 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Thats with DSG and launch control, only a third of the fueltank full with 98 oct (93 in USA) and only me in the car. Everyone else seems to get max 4.5 with Revo, usually much less then that.

Yes, it was with a Performance box.
Stage 1 Revo with LC

Stage 1 Revo with an intake, stage 2 DSG map and Haldex race controller.

Some people argued that the run could be "downhill" so I also did a downhill run and did this.......

Downhill 1/4 mile......

Downhill 0-100mph......

Going UP the same hill gives just a 4.4 to 60mph.

turbor850

Ready to race!

This 1/4 mile is WAAAAAAAAAAAY off for MPH...

12.2 time should equate to at least a 106 mph even with AWD slowing you down

660' = 92 mph

1320' = 98 mph

did you let off the gas :lol:

what kind of downhill run was this

hurdy

Go Kart Champion

This 1/4 mile is WAAAAAAAAAAAY off for MPH...

12.2 time should equate to at least a 106 mph even with AWD slowing you down

660' = 92 mph

1320' = 98 mph

did you let off the gas :lol:

what kind of downhill run was this

You are spot on. I was braking hard for the last part of the 1/4 mile. I did the 0-100mph in 9 seconds and started braking after about 10.5 seconds as I would have been deep into a brick wall if I hadn't. :eek:
The 1/4 mile would have probably been under 12 seconds if there had been extra room.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
You are spot on. I was braking hard for the last part of the 1/4 mile. I did the 0-100mph in 9 seconds and started braking after about 10.5 seconds as I would have been deep into a brick wall if I hadn't. :eek:
The 1/4 mile would have probably been under 12 seconds if there had been extra room.

0-60 in 3.8 and running a 12.2 while braking hard near the end to finish with a 98mph trap? What are your mods again?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
0-60 in 3.8 and running a 12.2 while braking hard near the end to finish with a 98mph trap? What are your mods again?

GIAC Stage 2 (APR stage 2+ equivalent), GIAC stage 3 DSG map ( Custom map with launch control up to 6krpm, maximum clamping pressure on clutchpacks, 60% faster shifts, torque de-limit etc), Haldex Race controller, Milltek TBE, Evoms intake, Autotech HPFP upgrade, RS4 valve, 235/40/18 tires and lightweight alloys. 379bhp (314whp) and 360lbft.:)

Same set-up is doing under 12 seconds at the strip.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
GIAC Stage 2 (APR stage 2+ equivalent), GIAC stage 3 DSG map ( Custom map with launch control up to 6krpm, maximum clamping pressure on clutchpacks, 60% faster shifts, torque de-limit etc), Haldex Race controller, Milltek TBE, Evoms intake, Autotech HPFP upgrade, RS4 valve, 235/40/18 tires and lightweight alloys. 379bhp (314whp) and 360lbft.:)

Same set-up is doing under 12 seconds at the strip.

Sorry man, while that's a nice mod list, you're still stage 2. The only Rs I've ever heard of going 11s are Stage 3 cars. I haven't heard of a single stock turbo Golf R going 11s. 314awhp is definitely not enough for 11 second passes, at least not without regearing and serious weight reduction.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Sorry man, while that's a nice mod list, you're still stage 2. The only Rs I've ever heard of going 11s are Stage 3 cars. I haven't heard of a single stock turbo Golf R going 11s. 314awhp is definitely not enough for 11 second passes, at least not without regearing and serious weight reduction.

This wasn't an official strip or anything. Did you read my original post saying that it was a downhill test?:D

There is a GIAC powered stage 2+ car on wmi that has done 11.88 at the strip. Not sure if it was in Australia or South Africa.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
This wasn't an official strip or anything. Did you read my original post saying that it was a downhill test?:D

There is a GIAC powered stage 2+ car on wmi that has done 11.88 at the strip. Not sure if it was in Australia or South Africa.

My apology, ignorance and lack of paying attention on my part, no I did not. Either way, that's still a damn impressive car to be able to offer that kind of performance with not a whole lot of modifications, and yet have the level of refinement the R line of vehicles are known for :thumbsup: if they brought the DSG equipped Rs to the US, that's what I would have right now.