GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who's ordering a MK7 and which one? (Poll)

Which model are you going to buy once the MK7 is out?

• Total voters
Would this non VAG car happen to be AWD?

Are you talking about the GTD? I thought the R's where still coming from Germany...

No, the GTI, TDI, and 1.8T golf.

R will be here in 2015 Q 1-2(from Germany until They are saying 2016 - once Mexico gets the AWD testing facility completed they will make the R a recurring model and make an RS model with the Rs3 Engine).

and so will the GTD come in 2015. But it will mean a year has passed and people who were looking to upgrade might not know about how we know all the info about the mk7 and get the regular TDI for diesel. Then will regret finding out a better packaged TDI in a gti body with +performance.

Posted this yesterday. Probably relevant here.
Edit: now I see it was linked to a few posts above. But anyway

I don't like the combinations listed. Have to have leather to get a sunroof! Nonsense. I'd rather cloth seats as option on all.

2015 GTI (US) specs leaked

Bi-Xenon an option on all packages (S, SE, Autobahn)
Fully power drivers seat - 4 door only
Illuminated scuff plates on all
Rear view camera and keyless entry and fender audio and auto headlights SE & autobahn only
5.8" radio screen on all - and CarNet
Auto climatronic on autobahn only

No mention of performance pack

I think we will get the PP the year after. Ford ST, Kia, etc all have the full options available for less. GTI's sales are dropping each year because they don't bring the better cars.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Being made in Mexico the car should be easily more customizable and bought to order - like in Europe.
It's just a cost cutting measure though with same few packages offered and maybe a few extra options. But I suppose it may get more flexible as the years go by.

I've never seen a confirmation of that -- have you?

Not on paper but I have been following VW and Audi at needle point for the past 15 years and I know how they work. With the release of the S1, A45 AMG, Fiesta ST, Fiesta RS will come out and put work in. Well VAG will respond with the new RS3, which is 100% coming.

Rs3 is going to be released with a revised engine and more power that will be going head to head like the Bmw m135i, CLA etc.

I have heard rumours about the R becoming a recurring model that isn't limited in numbers because of the Mexico plant, which keeps costs low vs shipping the cars here, and only they can upgrade from this point on. Even the lowest cars are coming with 200 hp with 1.3L motors. I'm 100% positive that the 3.0T engine in the concept GTI, will be used in the Line of Rs3.

Look at patterns, engine work, and how they follow the market trend. Alot of companies have stepped up to the Turbo game and it's booming. In 10 years we will all have 1.5L eco box cars with 250hp and faster and faster super cars.

Do you not smell the victory for us consumers? I feel it! 300hp is enough to satisfy the human mind and believe it's super car numbers. Just look at the 80s/90s.

Anyways, lets stay on track here.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
They may make a RS at some point, but I doubt we will get it. The cost of certification is too high to make such a car economically viable -- that's the same reason why we won't be getting a 2-door R (at least initially).

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
Golf R for me; although dealers around my area are saying that they are not doing 'orders'...

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
A different kind of MK7 for me...A3 TDI Sportback :thumbsup:

zrickety

The Fixer
I might pick up a used Mk7 in a few years. Probably another GTI.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I'm in the "Not" camp. I've actually started crossing time off my schedule to start slowly de-modding my current 2013 R to prep it for a sale/trade.

My next commuter car is still up in the air, but the new WRX is interesting.