GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

Pandaphunk

I am selling my rear setup, 330mm wilwood 4 pot, I am awd swapped

I am not too fond of how Wilwood calipers look. They remind me of something that would go on an American Muscle car. I would like some calipers that flow better with my VWR BBK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
So you are offering the rear brackets? Are you willing to say in a post how much? I know I am interested.

Disregard, didn't notice how old this thread was.

playmaker1

Which rear bbk are more wheel friendly Porsche Cayenne 4 pots or r8 ?
I want to fit them with the better wheel clearance
Also there is a difference for the r32 and gti brackets ?

LUNATIKZ1

Just want to let you guys know that if any of you interested to upgrade your stock brakes into Cayenne Brembo 6 pots front and 4 pots rear calipers w/ performance rotors, hit me up, I can help. I put together the kit myself and had it installed on my MKV and they not all that hard. They aren't cheap by any means but compare to buy this exact kit from vendors, it's a fraction of the cost and may be we even get better quality parts. Compare to the R32 brake system, this is by far superior and surely the most bang for the bucks, on or off track.

Front brake will mount w/o adapters, includes:
1. 6 pots Porsche Cayenne progressive calipers
2. 350mm brembo rotors. Optional light weight, two pieces rotors (17.2 lbs vs 25.7 lbs)
3. Stainless steel braided brake lines
Cost to put together a complete kit yourself. Less than $1000

Dual rear calipers brakes set-up fit w/ adapters. Parking brakes function by an extra pair parking calipers.
1. 4 pots Porsche Cayenne progressive calipers
2. Brembo parking/e-brake calipers.
3. 330mm brembo rotors. Optional 335mm light weight, two pieces rotors (12.5 lbs vs 19.55 lbs)
4. Stainless steel braided brake lines.
5. CAD/CAM designed, corrosive resistance T6160 aluminum brackets, CNC cut w/ high tolerance.
Cost to put this together yourself: $1200 depending on the cost and availability of used brembo parking/e-brake calipers. New brembo e-brake/parking calipers starting at $990/pair. Basic (non-brembo) parking caliper $300/pair

Dual rear calipers set up is commonly found on high end, high performance, track racing and rally cars. It eliminates the use of shoes/drum e-brake which has large unsprung weight due to composite drum on the rotor, therefor save gas/performance. If you're unfamiliar w/ dual calipers rear set up, check out Dodge Vipers, Jaguar S type R. Those system are less common due to the high cost of manufacturing, but it's the best system that money can buy.
Cayenne calipers are progressives, meaning they have two rows of calipers on each side going from smaller pistons to bigger. This will prevent the jerking on/off locking mode of a regular calipers. Cayenne calipers feel like a forgiving everyday street drivebility , but give you all the control on the track when you need it.

This is what it looks like on my car.

How much would it be for a 2011 vw gti front and rear?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

VWMK6GT1

Just want to let you guys know that if any of you interested to upgrade your stock brakes into Cayenne Brembo 6 pots front and 4 pots rear calipers w/ performance rotors, hit me up, I can help. I put together the kit myself and had it installed on my MKV and they not all that hard. They aren't cheap by any means but compare to buy this exact kit from vendors, it's a fraction of the cost and may be we even get better quality parts. Compare to the R32 brake system, this is by far superior and surely the most bang for the bucks, on or off track.

2. 350mm brembo rotors. Optional light weight, two pieces rotors (17.2 lbs vs 25.7 lbs)

Dual rear calipers brakes set-up fit w/ adapters. Parking brakes function by an extra pair parking calipers.
3. 330mm brembo rotors. Optional 335mm light weight, two pieces rotors (12.5 lbs vs 19.55 lbs)
5. CAD/CAM designed, corrosive resistance T6160 aluminum brackets, CNC cut w/ high tolerance.
Cost to put this together yourself: $1200 depending on the cost and availability of used brembo parking/e-brake calipers. New brembo e-brake/parking calipers starting at $990/pair. Basic (non-brembo) parking caliper $300/pair

Dual rear calipers set up is commonly found on high end, high performance, track racing and rally cars. It eliminates the use of shoes/drum e-brake which has large unsprung weight due to composite drum on the rotor, therefor save gas/performance. If you're unfamiliar w/ dual calipers rear set up, check out Dodge Vipers, Jaguar S type R. Those system are less common due to the high cost of manufacturing, but it's the best system that money can buy.
Cayenne calipers are progressives, meaning they have two rows of calipers on each side going from smaller pistons to bigger. This will prevent the jerking on/off locking mode of a regular calipers. Cayenne calipers feel like a forgiving everyday street drivebility , but give you all the control on the track when you need it.

That’s awesome bro, I have the same setup and I also wanted to run the duals at the end any ideas on where I could get the brackets from ? That would be much appreciated

NYCKrash

From what I understand the MK6 shares most of the parts and systems with the 2015 VW Tiguan. I have most of the Golf R Exhaust, APR Intercooler, Downpipe, Stage 2+ Chipset, H&R Shocks and Springs upgraded to lower and retain the stock quality of a ride here in NYC. Now I am interested in doing the brakes and came across your post in one of the VW Vortex pages.

I am interested in doing this, please help me and advise me.