GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ed's replica LED tail lights faded

mrpippy

I've had Ed's replica LED taillights on my car since 2013, by now they've faded a lot (and at different rates on the outer and inner parts). They look pretty bad, does anyone know of a solution to this other than just buying new tail lights?

Before:
fAI0cRm+RlatysORY%uazg_thumb_500e.jpg

After:
cmW1FJGXRMm7NqfFYW2gYQ_thumb_168cd.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Mine did the same and I just ended up ordering another set, but Depos instead. You might be able to tint them, but that's not the right solution for everyone, and I wouldn't.

I thought about having them tinted red too but the painter I use said it never comes out looking right with the red.

I don't think it'd even be worth it to try the pull the lens off and replace them. OEMs wouldn't work, so I don't know where you could even get a set.

Looking at the bottom of the lens you can see they're even melted inside a little bit, on both the inner and outter. I'd just replace them...

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
The fact that the internals are misshapen now its best to just get new ones.
Maybe reach out to the manufacturer and get replacements at discounted price?

You may be able to remove the lenses and dye them, perhaps rit dye?
Iv'e never tried this with lenses tho and have no clue how long this'll last.

preachtru

I have the same issue with my Ed's replicals. I had them tinted with LAMIN-X and you can't even tell now.

zrickety

The Fixer
As sterkrazzy said, just get another set. Spend a few extra bucks and get OEM, maybe used on the forums. I got mine $500 shipped. Then use some kind of armor all or UV protectant spray on them after you wash the car.

cchase__

Ready to race!
since it seems to be affected by UV maybe you can stick them under a UV light to get all the color out and then tint them darker. Not even sure that would work tbh just a thought.