GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I know it may seem weird to some of the guys who lift on this forum; but google "zyzz" and read about him. Dude lived a life completely out of character and payed dearly for it; but damn what I would give to have that physique. Huge motivator for myself and my buddies who take training and nutrition very seriously; plus he provides the lulz. Check out his youtube videos mainly "the legacy" to get caught up on his strange saga. Once I grabbed this philosophy by the balls and sculpted an impressive physique, more and more things became attainable a lot easier (see: females). And the best part is, like zyzz, I'm a nerd at heart who still plays starcraft and likes to watch sci fi movies. Creating the intimidating shell of a musclehead provides the lulz in so many ways and surprises so many people when you turn out to be an educated and engaging successful person.

RIP ZYZZ BRAH. Impressive transformation but never understood the obsession over him other than the fact that he looked great. He certainly paid for the lifestyle that he chose.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
RIP ZYZZ BRAH. Impressive transformation but never understood the obsession over him other than the fact that he looked great. He certainly paid for the lifestyle that he chose.

And this is why you need to come to Electric Zoo. Once I went to dayglow after years of hard training I realized the obsession. In a sensory overload environment this brah was the ultimate sensory overload (no homo). In the only way I can put it; imagine being a sex symbol for a night like what rockstars and movie stars go through. Thats how it feels. Unreal.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
And this is why you need to come to Electric Zoo. Once I went to dayglow after years of hard training I realized the obsession. In a sensory overload environment this brah was the ultimate sensory overload (no homo). In the only way I can put it; imagine being a sex symbol for a night like what rockstars and movie stars go through. Thats how it feels. Unreal.

Not my thing, I lift for my own health and to stay one step ahead of it which seems directly at odds with his lifestyle. Looking good is just kind of a nice side effect.

livefast

Ready to race!
I know it may seem weird to some of the guys who lift on this forum; but google "zyzz" and read about him. Dude lived a life completely out of character and payed dearly for it; but damn what I would give to have that physique. Huge motivator for myself and my buddies who take training and nutrition very seriously; plus he provides the lulz. Check out his youtube videos mainly "the legacy" to get caught up on his strange saga. Once I grabbed this philosophy by the balls and sculpted an impressive physique, more and more things became attainable a lot easier (see: females). And the best part is, like zyzz, I'm a nerd at heart who still plays starcraft and likes to watch sci fi movies. Creating the intimidating shell of a musclehead provides the lulz in so many ways and surprises so many people when you turn out to be an educated and engaging successful person.

edit: plus he introduced me to going to electronic dance music festivals shirtless. Sounds uber queen until you're in a sea of 5000+ girls dressed like forest nymphs who are all grabby. I'm going to electric zoo in NYC over labor day if anyone wants a life changing experience roll up there with me I'd be more than happy to make some fellow members privy to the EDM scene

Dude, zyzz is my new role model. Seriously, this guy is fucking awesome. I'm really sad he died man. I love the EDM scene too, and going to Dayglow and being able to take off your shirt is sick - the girls go crazy when your confident (and I'm not even superrr ripped). Thanks for showing me this video and introducing me to zyzz!

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Not my thing, I lift for my own health and to stay one step ahead of it which seems directly at odds with his lifestyle. Looking good is just kind of a nice side effect.

haha yeah after doing digging the amount of mandy this guy did and the compounds he ran up until his death are mind blowing. Apparently when a friend of his asked what he was running in Thailand his reply was "everything". I cannot imagine the mentality of feeling that invincible. I mean we all have our feelings of immortality at a young age but his negligence was :thumbdown:

His message alone was good but I think in the end the narcissism definitely skewed reality.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Dude, zyzz is my new role model. Seriously, this guy is fucking awesome. I'm really sad he died man. I love the EDM scene too, and going to Dayglow and being able to take off your shirt is sick - the girls go crazy when your confident (and I'm not even superrr ripped). Thanks for showing me this video and introducing me to zyzz!

Haha not sure if srs but if srs hell yeah man I'm glad I could let you in on it. It's lighthearted on the outside but the juice these guys pump is downright filthy for the organs. All in moderation.

livefast

Ready to race!
Haha not sure if srs but if srs hell yeah man I'm glad I could let you in on it. It's lighthearted on the outside but the juice these guys pump is downright filthy for the organs. All in moderation.

Ahh I see how I could come off as trolling, but I'm actually 100% serious.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
fitness test is on friday, so Im powering down for a couple days of flexibility/mobility/stretching/recovery.

then it will be back to full force.

did sprints and the arizona plate workout in the mask at 12k yesterday. today was springs in the mask at 12k, pushup complex and pull up complex.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Regarding milk, it is one of the best post workout supplements in the world; and its natural. Milk is composed mainly of casein protein, whose enzymes stick to the stomach wall and digest up to 50% slower than Casein's counterpart (whey protein). Combined with vitamins and minerals, carbohydrates and a balance of fat in 1 or 2% milk; it is the ultimate supplement.

Milk is absolutely terrible for you. Your body wasnt intended to process quantities of dairy products like that. Secondly, the sugars processed out in the de-fatting process are psychologically addictive which is why you "feel good" when you drink it. Combine that with the absolutely horrendous artificial hormone content, it is not good for you to drink quantities of it, especially after 30 years of age. Lots of people use the "GOMAD" (gallon of milk a day) to get size because of that hormone content, and the body process interrupts are not something you want.

IMO you are better off just mixing protein into almond milk, because you can get some of the retained plant sterols form the almonds and your protein content from the supplement or food.

Studies also indicated that the human kidneys can only process around 50g of protein per meal with the rest being filtered through the kidney's and peed out.

that entirely depends on what kind of protein it is. Anything more than 30g of a rapid digesting protein like whey actually converts to fat, and are not peed out. you can go higher with multi source proteins, as long as they are digesting and processing at different rates.

carbs arent bad....bread is bad....

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Milk is absolutely terrible for you. Your body wasnt intended to process quantities of dairy products like that. Secondly, the sugars processed out in the de-fatting process are psychologically addictive which is why you "feel good" when you drink it. Combine that with the absolutely horrendous artificial hormone content, it is not good for you to drink quantities of it, especially after 30 years of age. Lots of people use the "GOMAD" (gallon of milk a day) to get size because of that hormone content, and the body process interrupts are not something you want.

Do you have any links to studies that prove this? My understanding is that the human body safely elimintaes the hormones during digestion, although admittedly, I'm no biologist. Take a look at the nutrition facts on a gallon of milk and tell me it's unhealthy, it's one of the most balanced foods out there. Buy hormone free milk if you want, but I'll save my money and get the regular stuff.

It's safe to say that you're more into fitness than I am, but I've always had good results with milk, and it's nice to just have something normal and good tasting after a workout instead of having to mix up a protein supplement that doesn't taste good. To each his own I guess.

Lou Maiuri

Banned

IMO you are better off just mixing protein into almond milk, because you can get some of the retained plant sterols form the almonds and your protein content from the supplement or food.

that entirely depends on what kind of protein it is. Anything more than 30g of a rapid digesting protein like whey actually converts to fat, and are not peed out. you can go higher with multi source proteins, as long as they are digesting and processing at different rates.

carbs arent bad....bread is bad....

Do you even lift?

Lou Maiuri

Banned
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alissa34.htm

Good article; aside from milk, cottage cheese is one of the best late night snacks to prevent catabolic activity in the body. Natrual casein not to mention the amount of BCAA's aide muscle repair and digestion. I would rather get these supplements from natural food then drinking whey protein with water. Although I do supplement with these compounds, I do so because my body requires more fuel and recovery in order to perform at the levels I demand from it

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any links to studies that prove this? My understanding is that the human body safely elimintaes the hormones during digestion, although admittedly, I'm no biologist. Take a look at the nutrition facts on a gallon of milk and tell me it's unhealthy, it's one of the most balanced foods out there. Buy hormone free milk if you want, but I'll save my money and get the regular stuff.

It's safe to say that you're more into fitness than I am, but I've always had good results with milk, and it's nice to just have something normal and good tasting after a workout instead of having to mix up a protein supplement that doesn't taste good. To each his own I guess.

Yeah it will take me a little time, but I can put something together for you. Ive worked with a professional medical nutritionist on my diet and supplementation for the last year or so, and it is amazing the shit that is in our environments and the havoc it plays with our systems.

There is synthetic estrogen in absolutely fucking EVERYTHING in our environment it seems. I put hardwood floors in my house because, I shit you not, your skin will absorb the estrogen hormone from carpeting. It is absolutely no wonder why Dr's that study hormones have speculated/theorized that the testosterone content of men today is roughly 50% of what it was around the time of world war 2.

The human body doesn't process out hormones during the digestive process. That's why girls have tits at age 8, and people are generally larger than they have been in the past. Its also why some people trying to replicate what steroids do through oral "pro hormones" still work.

These dairy farmers are loading their cows with estrogen hormones to do one thing- get them to gain and retain weight. That is what estrogen and cortisol do. Different people are more sensitive to it at different points in time, and the older you get the worse it will get.

Here is one quick article from Harvard-

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

I pretty much quit dairy all together with the exception of some yogurts and cheeses, so if I drank a big glass of milk right now my colon would probably explode. That being said, if you are going to drink milk, Id find some "big brother government said it is illegal" non-pasturized milk from the Amish that doesnt have hormones injected into it AND that was free-range fed (as opposed to grain/corn fed), and that would be way better for you.

I firmly believe that the science of nutrition and environmental hormone effects are going to become huge areas of study in the coming years.

Last edited:

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alissa34.htm

Good article; aside from milk, cottage cheese is one of the best late night snacks to prevent catabolic activity in the body. Natrual casein not to mention the amount of BCAA's aide muscle repair and digestion. I would rather get these supplements from natural food then drinking whey protein with water. Although I do supplement with these compounds, I do so because my body requires more fuel and recovery in order to perform at the levels I demand from it

I'm not entirely anti diary. Im anti dairy in the way 99% of people buy, consume, and think about dairy. There is a substantial difference between the two.

Casein is great for PM anti-catabolism, but not because its a dairy product, its because its a long chain slow digesting protein, and you can get that benefit sans bullshit hormones and by products that is put into our food.

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I'm not anti diary. Im anti dairy in the way 99% of people buy, consume, and think about dairy. There is a substantial difference between the two.

Casein is great for PM anti-catabolism, but not because its a dairy product, its because its a long chain slow digesting protein, and you can get that benefit sans bullshit hormones and by products that is put into our food.

Organic is overrated