GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a retina macbook, GTI pics?

miami90

Ready to race!
Anybody have super high res pics of GTI's for my screen?

2560x1600

CSG... :D

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
It's weird that the rule of thumb was always that no average person could see the difference between 720p and 1080p on an LCD screen that was under 40" (it was all marketing B.S.), and yet here we now have super high res screens that are a mere 13" and everyone is losing the minds at how "amazing" they are.

Sooo, what happened between then and now? Is it that the resolution actually has nothing to do with it (is just a number that people can relate to for marketing purposes) and that it's the technology of the display itself that makes the screen look good? Or, what?

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
It's weird that the rule of thumb was always that no average person could see the difference between 720p and 1080p on an LCD screen that was under 40" (it was all marketing B.S.), and yet here we now have super high res screens that are a mere 13" and everyone is losing the minds at how "amazing" they are.

Sooo, what happened between then and now? Is it that the resolution actually has nothing to do with it (is just a number that people can relate to for marketing purposes) and that it's the technology of the display itself that makes the screen look good? Or, what?

I am anti-apple but take a look at the retina display and you can REALLY see a difference on the macbook pro vs any other windows laptop.

miami90

Ready to race!
Thanks to the Unitronic guys, these pics are legitimately awesome.

Also, I know it may seem hard to tell Retina vs standard 1080p screens, but honestly you can really tell the difference. I HATED Apple until I saw this laptop and jumped for it. It's that good.

livefast

Ready to race!
I am anti-apple but take a look at the retina display and you can REALLY see a difference on the macbook pro vs any other windows laptop.

It's true. The retina is ridiculously sharp. It destroys my MacBook Pro 15 inch 1440x900.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!

Ya, I've seen the display and they certainly look good. My question was to specifically address the seeming conflict of logic concerning the resolution vs. simply the display technology.

Or, to put it another way: Does the display still look amazing at 1920x1080p and lower? If so then BAM! - it's not the resolution that causes the display to look so good. If that resolution looks "meh" then I guess the display isn't actually so special after-all, considering there are 15 year old CRT monitors that can handle retina display resolutions.

I suspect the display looks great no matter the resolution.

Last edited: