GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Help!]ABT ECU Tuning and Modifying Engine in General.

Greetings VW fans!

I've got some questions about Golf R, ABT Tuning and Modifying engine in general.

I live in Dubai and I currently drive 2006 Altima 2.5S. I called and sent an email to VW regarding Golf R release date. The answer was it will be available very soon (I can wait, that's not the issue) with a reasonable price.

I was planning to buy Golf GTI first but then I found out that there's a new version of R32 which is Golf R.

Apparently, I was attracted by my friend to tune my car. So I searched the internet and found out that ABT has a branch in my city.

So, I plan to buy Golf R and let ABT tune the ECU to 310 PS but I need some advices before going to do that.

How much does "ECU Tuning" costs?
Will I void the warranty if I tuned(ECU only) my car?
Do I have to undo all tuning before renewing the car?
When is the best time to tune a new car?
And ABT has some relationship with VW, don't they? I don't think the warranty will be voided if they tuned it...??

Don't bash me, I don't have experience in tuning.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
here in my country an stage 1 abt tune costs 1200$.
an abt tune will not void the waranty. not sure about other tuning companies
there is no best time to tune a car, as long as its broken in.

TDI110

O_o
Here in Germany the tuning costs 1200 euro, warranty safe (at my dealership anyway).

Best time to tune that car is when your break-in period is over. It should state in your manual the way VW wants you to do it.

"an abt tune will not void the waranty."

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know! I love VW so much that when I see a VW driver I give them a side :)

Raffoul232

Passed Driver's Ed
The abt map on the golf r is worth it, i have a friend who ordered his r here and made it go up to 350+bhp... And yes the scirocco is explosive. Ps did the scirocco-r arrive in Dubai? Cause here supposedly it comes summer 2011 but you can order it in February.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
The abt map on the golf r is worth it, i have a friend who ordered his r here and made it go up to 350+bhp... And yes the scirocco is explosive. Ps did the scirocco-r arrive in Dubai? Cause here supposedly it comes summer 2011 but you can order it in February.

yo raf did u pass at rawsheh today in the morning around 10?

Raffoul232

Passed Driver's Ed
yo raf did u pass at rawsheh today in the morning around 10?

Yup that was me, but be careful I heard that there are 4white sciroccos parked in the OSB parking so might have been one of them :iono: how where you able to see me