GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 Candy White Wolfsburg GTI

13WolfsburgGTI

Just purchased my '13 Candy White GTI Wolfsburg Edition about a month ago. Only things I've done so far are 20% tint on the windows, and a little bit of plasti-dip on the mirror caps and the rear GTI emblem. I will be doing Carbonio CAI, APR Downpipe, and Stage 2 Tune in a few weeks. I will upload some more pics at that time.

26 Miles
A few pics from the day I bought the car (26 miles on the odometer).

1000 Miles

20% Tint, Clear Front Markers, White & Black Rear Emblem, Forge BOV, New South Vent Mount Boost Gauge, ECS Torque Mount Insert, Black Mirror Caps.

3000 Miles

APR 3" Downpipe, Carbonio Stage 1 & 2 Intake, APR Stage 2 Tune.

3500 Miles

First Oil Change, Fumoto Valve, Color Matched Rear Markers, and Rear Wiper Delete.

Last edited:

QuantumGTI

Ready to race!
Nice whip! I'm looking to do similar mods to my 13' 4 door as well. Too bad I didn't find one in carbon steel grey or the candy white.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Just purchased my '13 Candy White GTI Wolfsburg Edition about a month ago. Only things I've done so far are 20% tint on the windows, and a little bit of plasti-dip on the mirror caps and the rear GTI emblem. I will be doing Carbonio CAI, APR Downpipe, and Stage 2 Tune in a few weeks. I will upload some more pics at that time.

Congrats!

Use Photobucket, or another image hosting website to upload your photos. Then you can paste them directly onto the page, so people don't have to open a link. :thumbsup:

13WolfsburgGTI

Congrats!

Use Photobucket, or another image hosting website to upload your photos. Then you can paste them directly onto the page, so people don't have to open a link. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up!

13WolfsburgGTI

Installed clear side markers, color matched vinyl VW insert for rear emblem, Forge Blow Off Valve, and New South Boost Gauge this weekend!

ECS Torque Mount Insert came too, but I didn't have time to install it yet.

Headed to Jacksonville next weekend for APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, and APR Stage 2 Tune!!

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Installed clear side markers, color matched vinyl VW insert for rear emblem, Forge Blow Off Valve, and New South Boost Gauge this weekend!

ECS Torque Mount Insert came too, but I didn't have time to install it yet.

Headed to Jacksonville next weekend for APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, and APR Stage 2 Tune!!

Nice set up so far. :thumbsup:

Your boost gauge looks like it's sitting a little below zero when the car is off (unless it's just the camera angle?) It's easily adjustable if that's the case, there's a metal rod on the back, mine was off a little bit when I first installed it.

13WolfsburgGTI

Nice set up so far. :thumbsup:

Your boost gauge looks like it's sitting a little below zero when the car is off (unless it's just the camera angle?) It's easily adjustable if that's the case, there's a metal rod on the back, mine was off a little bit when I first installed it.

Thanks for the heads up. Got it adjusted today!

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
how do you like the blow off valve?

I'm guessing it's safe to install it then? the reason i ask is because I've been looking through this forum and people go back and forth whether it's recommended or not

13WolfsburgGTI

how do you like the blow off valve?

I'm guessing it's safe to install it then? the reason i ask is because I've been looking through this forum and people go back and forth whether it's recommended or not

I've only had it installed for a few days, but no issues whatsoever. Plus it makes fun noises! :thumbup:

Some engines need the re-circulation of that air (via a Diverter Valve) for other functions, but the TFSI and TSI engines do not.

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
I've only had it installed for a few days, but no issues whatsoever. Plus it makes fun noises! :thumbup:

Some engines need the re-circulation of that air (via a Diverter Valve) for other functions, but the TFSI and TSI engines do not.

how hard was the installation? do you have any videos?

13WolfsburgGTI

how hard was the installation? do you have any videos?

Sorry, didn't take any videos of the install. It's pretty straightforward though, there are 3 bolts holding the stock DV in. The 2 lower bolts are a breeze, the top bolt it a little tough to get to, but it's not that bad. You will reuse the stock bolts for the Forge Blow Off Valve. PM me if you want more detailed info.

Good Luck!

QuantumGTI

Ready to race!
Wow looking good! Are you on stock springs? Any plans for suspension?

I'm waiting for delivery of some smoked out side markers, wolfsburg centercaps, deautokey full LED interior kit (blue footwells) + licence plate led. Considering some kind of rear trunk lip guard if they make them since already got some chips there from transporting bike.

Hopefully I'll be getting performance mods within a month. The forge blowoff is all about the woosh sound right? No gains or losses of any type? Looking to get apr stage 1, modshack or P-Flo intake, new springs/suspension, sway bar, some smaller things like you upgraded.

13WolfsburgGTI

Wow looking good! Are you on stock springs? Any plans for suspension?

I'm waiting for delivery of some smoked out side markers, wolfsburg centercaps, deautokey full LED interior kit (blue footwells) + licence plate led. Considering some kind of rear trunk lip guard if they make them since already got some chips there from transporting bike.

Hopefully I'll be getting performance mods within a month. The forge blowoff is all about the woosh sound right? No gains or losses of any type? Looking to get apr stage 1, modshack or P-Flo intake, new springs/suspension, sway bar, some smaller things like you upgraded.

Stock suspension right now, but some coilovers and sway bars are in the works. And yes, the blow off valve is strictly for the sound, there is no gain or loss of any performance. A lot of people don't like them, but I love it. It's lots of fun...

Where did you get your wolfsburg centercaps from?