GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Complete CarPC

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I have up for sale my loved CarPC.

Its an Intel D510MO board integrated Intel Atom 1.66 dual core.

Detailed Specifications:
Case Black Box Mobile Extruded Anodized Aluminum Mini ITX Chassis
10" x 9.25" x 3.125"/254mm x 235mm x 80mm
1x 50 x 50 x 10mm fan 6500RPM 32dB for ventilation
Processor:1.66GHz Dual Core Atom D510
Hard drive: 320 GB
1Mb L2 Cache
667Mhz Front Side Bus
Graphics: Intel GMA 3150/NM10 Express (Tigerpoint)
Graphics engine clock: 400MHz
DirectX 9.0 Support
Audio Six channel Intel® High Definition Audio
Composite/RCA Line Outputs
USB 6x USB 2.0
LAN 1x 10/100/1000 Mbps
BIOS Intel BIOS 4mb flash memory
Rear Panel I/O 2x Ps2 for mouse and keyboard
1x VGA
1x 10/100/1000 LAN
6x USB 2.0 ports
3x Audio: Line in, Line out, and Mic in
Composite/RCA Line Outputs
Monitoring and Management Power Management (Supports S3 standby)
Fan Speed Control
Hard Drive 1x 2.5" IDE or SATA Hard Drive Support
Memory 2Gb 800MHz DDR2
Supports up to 4GB of RAM
M2-ATX Smart Power Supply: Connects directly to the battery,Voltage regulation,Automatic Start-up

The PC is as I left it and as it came out of my car. Its currently running on WinXP professional. It comes with Centrafuse 3 as the front end program with unhacked legit license. It also comes preloaded with Palmer Performance DashCommand.

The screen is a Lilliput 7" EBY701 LCD Touchscreen

Ratio: 15:9 wide TFT screen
Color configuration: RGB stripe
Video system: PAL/NTSC
VGA input (USB interface)
Full function OSD control (Multi-language)
Audio output: Speaker built-in
Video input signal: 1.0Vp-p, composite video
Power input: DC 12V
Power consumption: 9W

With the PC comes the following Peripheral devices.

Wireless keyboard and mouse (the backs are missing some how)
OBDII dongle
2-4 USB hubs
1 15' USB extension
GPS dongle
USB Wifi stick.

I'm also including the Kicker 75.2 amp. This is what I used for audio, the only downside is only being able to fade front to back rather than corner to corner.

Also including a 30gb SSD hard drive. I planed to run the O/S on the SSD for ultra fast boot times.

The screen is prefit to fit any MKV MKVI Passat etc. Just slid it in and plug it in. (see below pics to see custom made) Its a metra dash kit, with a lilliput double din screen conversion.

Also including a radio harness for a MKV (not sure what else it will work on) to pull audio and power off of.

This whole project all together took me a couple weeks to assemble get up and running and fit perfect. I have over $1,000 invested in this set up. I'm selling my beloved Gisela now for $600 + shipping. I really don't want to sell it, but its been sitting in a box too long.

Screenshot of Centrafuse 3 using embeded Dashcommand and GTR style gauges

Open case

Screen being put together.

No scratchs, just dusty and a couple fingerprints from sitting in the box.

The whole set up laid out

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
You may be asking yourself "Why would I want a CarPC?"

Few reasons why this is better than any drop in headunit.

--Way higher audio processing. The sky is the limit. Its damn good now with a 24 way equalizer built in to Centrafuse, but if you can dream it you can do it with a PC. Super high end studio quality audio is just a sound card away.

---Mobile internet. Yeah, some headunits you can stream pandora and other things via bluetooth...but what about doing it straight off the headunit? Way higher audio quality, faster, doesn't tie up your phone...also hello...netflix! Endless supply of entertainment.

---On the fly diagnostics and data logging. You vag-com lovers out there would never have to drag your laptop along again. Its fully compatible with Vag-com (though not included). Palmer performance Dashcommand is nice and embeds right into the front end giving you several screnes of real time data. It doesn't hit every PDI like vag-com will, but it'll hit the important ones.

---Create your own road course, anywhere, and everywhere. Ever want to know how long your commute really takes? With add-ons with Centrafuse, you can draw your own racetrack using GPS signal, divide into sectors, and replay. It will keep all that data. Is it needed? No. But its damn cool!

---Competley customizeable. If you don't like something, change it. Its a computer. If you don't like the Centrafuse layout, its easy as re-arranging the buttons. Want to try a different front end? Roadrunner is free...just load another one. There are thousands of programs out there designed with a mobilePC in mind. If you want it, its out there.

---I will admit, there is one thing missing from the whole set up....radio. There are several ways to go about it. If you're an XM or Sirrus customer, you can buy a simple USB reciver plug it in and you have Sat radio. If you're dedicated to local radio, you'll need a USB HD radio reciver. Theres no other way (at least I could figure) to get that analog signal to a PC.

MK6 DSWEEE

Ready to race!
ok guys come one grab this its the coolest thing ever, i have seen in person watched installed and watched run. you wanna slap that meat in a pinch BAHM, you got it. what stocks are falling shit sell on the way to the office. its a great touch to any modified ride. shoot an offer out. well worth it.

Heretic:GTI

Ready to race!
looks awesome...

lol, i have no clue what any of the specs mean. i am completely computer illiterate.

good luck with sale

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Had my own setup in my last car. I agree with the radio part being the hardest to get working.

I loved it, good luck with sale.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Thank you guys :wub:

The radio wouldn't be hard to do, just takes a little extra cash for the add-on. It just wasn't important to me when I had 500+GB of music and movies, and endless internet radio sites at my fingertips.

For those Vag-Com lovers out there, hes a screenshot I found of the vag-com plugin for Centrafuse.

You can change the data to any point you like MAF MAP Boost (however its calcuated) volt EGT...everything you can hit on in a vag-com datalog.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
TTT again.

I'd take trades, partial trades etc. I'm not too picky. Just nothing MK6 specific. A set of wheels would be cool though. I just want this to find the right home.

marcoeloy

I have a Lilliput EBY-701 7"

The screen dimensions are smaller than those of the dashboard, then i need a frame like the one you used (highlighted in the image by a red outline) for a perfect finish on the panel.

Where can I find a frame like this for my panel? is a 2006 Golf. I found these two options but they are only sold together with the screen.

Please help me!

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
where did you store the computer?? the set-up is sick, if only I had extra cash around I would be ontop of it...

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
I was just talking to one of my classic Mustang friends about a similar setup. MOAR INFO! Where did you mount the PC? I'm guessing beneath the Driver's seat. For internet I guess you were using a mywifi?