GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Outlet Pipe to Intercooler Coupler

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I just emailed some German guys on ebay to see if they will ship. This is a great solution. Worried my twintercooler silicone piping is cut to short to fit over the end tube though.

chc29

Ready to race!
The TT pipe I used would simply replace your OEM turbo outlet pipe...same fitment (the Golf R intercooler doesn't play a factor) & eliminate the clip connection, which is what you were looking for

With your idea, you're creating another joint (cobbled together) that could be prone to failure/leak IMO

K.I.S.S.

Yeah I realize that now, I just didn't want to have to sell the AWE TOP and then buy the TT pipe. I'm hoping standard silicone/clamped joints are less prone to leakage than that coupler (even though there will be 3 instead of 1 now). Maybe the answer is to just upgrade the intercooler all together. :D

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I just emailed some German guys on ebay to see if they will ship. This is a great solution. Worried my twintercooler silicone piping is cut to short to fit over the end tube though.

Mine came from England (UK ebay) & they didn't have a problem shipping it

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah I realize that now, I just didn't want to have to sell the AWE TOP and then buy the TT pipe. I'm hoping standard silicone/clamped joints are less prone to leakage than that coupler (even though there will be 3 instead of 1 now). Maybe the answer is to just upgrade the intercooler all together. :D

Sell AWE pipe, buy cheaper TT pipe & a clamp, profit