GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is my Car tuned?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
If you can read the MAF flow in grams per second it might be a clue too. Once tuned you should be reading at least 190+ g/s under load

Is this definitive? I ask as I’ve just logged (I think I did it right) my car with VCDS and I get just over 190g/s on a WOT pull in 3rd just before changing to 4th! The boost pressure (actual) also seems to get up to 1470.0mbar at the same point, I’ve not used VCDS for anything other than coding before so not sure if I’ve logged it incorrectly but it seemed straight forward enough! The boost pressure reads 980.0 - 990.0mbar at idle if that’s of any help??? Could this indicate it’s possibly stage 1?? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Is this definitive? I ask as I’ve just logged (I think I did it right) my car with VCDS and I get just over 190g/s on a WOT pull in 3rd just before changing to 4th! The boost pressure (actual) also seems to get up to 1470.0mbar at the same point, I’ve not used VCDS for anything other than coding before so not sure if I’ve logged it incorrectly but it seemed straight forward enough! The boost pressure reads 980.0 - 990.0mbar at idle if that’s of any help??? Could this indicate it’s possibly stage 1?? Thanks.

Just from my experience logging with stock, stage 1 and 2 and reading online. Theres some very rough WHP calculations you can do with MAF g/s readings. What's the requested boost reading at peak? Also the VCDS reading doesn't account for atmospheric pressure either. 1470mb = ~21.3 PSI (subtract 14.7 psi if at sea level) = 6.6 PSI. Boost will drop closer to redline before shifting. Do you have the log?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Just from my experience logging with stock, stage 1 and 2 and reading online. Theres some very rough WHP calculations you can do with MAF g/s readings. What's the requested boost reading at peak? Also the VCDS reading doesn't account for atmospheric pressure either. 1470mb = ~21.3 PSI (subtract 14.7 psi if at sea level) = 6.6 PSI. Boost will drop closer to redline before shifting. Do you have the log?

The log was on the laptop which I only use for VCDS so would have to try and email it to myself! I’m at an altitude of 191 metres or 626 feet, trying to check the logs again but can’t find them so may not have saved, I’ll have to try it again!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The log was on the laptop which I only use for VCDS so would have to try and email it to myself! I’m at an altitude of 191 metres or 626 feet, trying to check the logs again but can’t find them so may not have saved, I’ll have to try it again!

Budgetpheonix
I’ve run another log but it’s too big for the forum,
Only If you want to! PM me your email and I could send it to you, I cannot make sense of it!?!??

I’ve PM’d you as well, hope that’s ok!

Last edited: