GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water Methanol Injection 101

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks man it's my baby, it was bone stock and my first truck when I got it almost 9 years ago and I'll never sell it!

Believe me I've had several completely different trial and error set ups ranging from 219whp and 600w tq, to my current set up which is over 400whp and between 850-1000w tq depending on timing advance. (Highest real dyno numbers where 330whp and 727w tq but that was with a horrible pre turbo exhaust leak that developed on the dyno. Only made 25 psi vs usual 42psi....needless to say it got very smokey). Stock numbers for a first gen like this are about 120whp and 300wtq btw, far from impressive so as you can see it's come a long way.

I told you that, to tell you this. With a under dog diesel to make impressive power you need to go big. Sure Malone stage 2 is fun to drive and feels quick (even if QCR times are slow since it's an uphill track well above sea level), but to really be happy with your gains on a diesel you need a bigger turbo IMO. I've had three completely different set ups on the cummins and any turbo and spool fast if you fuel it properly. Plus the "psi" of a turbo is a measure of restriction anyway. I'm making over 100whp more at 42psi on a 62mm turbo with correct fueling and air flow mods (fmic, W/M, charge pipes, timing, ect) than I was at 60psi on a 60mm turbo. Why you might ask? Air density and volume. The 42psi I flow now is so much cooler and oxygen rich it makes a world of difference.

Same applies to our 2.0 Cr140, sure you could spool the stock turbo faster and to a slightly higher peak boost, but big boost isn't nearly as important as big airflow.

You would make much more power big turbo set to the same psi you have now with a bigger FMIC and hard piping (also available form darkside) even with stock injectors and a proper data logged tune than you ever could no matter what you did with a stock turbo

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
One thing nobody has ever seemed to utilize on a TDI is external waste gate. Everyone seems to have boost spike issues, this would completely solve that because external gates work on pressure not computer control. You'd need to ad the flange to a aftermarket stainless manifold like dark side builds but it wouldn't be hard and would make tuning much easier