GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI or Stage 1 A4 Quattro

dcpppf

Ready to race!
I have a 2012 stage 2 GTI, and the girlfriend has a stock 2012 Audi A4 AWD. She's thinking about modding and is talking shit... Who do you all think would win 0-60 and 40-100?

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Aren't they the same engine or very similar (TFSI if i'm not mistaken)? If so the GTI would win without a doubt especially since the A4 will lose a few extra HP to a greater efficiency lose with the AWD.

I think I might be wrong but meh someone will chime in a let us know if I'm wrong.

RoidRage

Ready to race!
I have a 2012 stage 2 GTI, and the girlfriend has a stock 2012 Audi A4 AWD. She's thinking about modding and is talking shit... Who do you all think would win 0-60 and 40-100?

Whoever has Auto wins.

dcpppf

Ready to race!

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Aren't they the same engine or very similar (TFSI if i'm not mistaken)? If so the GTI would win without a doubt especially since the A4 will lose a few extra HP to a greater efficiency lose with the AWD.

I think I might be wrong but meh someone will chime in a let us know if I'm wrong.

Yes you are correct with the engines. I'm no expert so I have no idea about efficiency loss w/ AWD and what not.

I'm just looking at APR dyno's and stage 1 (for A4) is very peaky. I believe the stage 2 (GTI) tq and hp bans average out to be higher than the stage 1 audi. Given that plus weight the only advantage the A4 has would be traction.

avssurfer14

Passed Driver's Ed
it's not anything about who is faster who has the bigger engine or the better tune, its up to who has the bigger set of balls...don't lose to a girl :thumbup:

MrBanananana

Ready to race!
She's thinking about modding and is talking shit

LOL.

A4 is a boat compared to the GTI, it's a whole 600 pounds heavier.
She may get an advantage off the line cause of AWD, but if you're stage 2 and she's driving a stage 1 A4, I don't see how you can lose 0-60 or 0-100.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A4 has a different 2.0T with more torque stock and valve-lift. I think driver's equal, she would win.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
A4 off the line, then GTI will roar past once it gets rolling. GTI is way faster in general, 400 lbs lighter and a lot more power at the wheels.

This is what I was thinking.

A4 has a different 2.0T with more torque stock and valve-lift. I think driver's equal, she would win.

Absolutely has higher tq AND hp peak. But that is just peak. With the downpipe my power bands are much flatter meaning high power for longer which would average out to be more than the A4 throughout the entire RPM range. I THINK... Just talking outta my ass.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I had a new A4 loaner recently.. could not believe the low end torque on it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
pics of gf?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
pics of gf?

^^ This girl

manny2206

Ready to race!
OP... Why do you give a fuck if you lose? make it a fun experience. Make a bet If you win sex and she has to buy you something; IF she wins do the same... win/win :D