GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange buzz when engine is off

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
I'm sitting outside next to my car right now and keep hearing a buzz noise. I drove it over an hour ago and about every 30 seconds to a minute a hear a one second electronic buzz similar to the fuel pump priming but a little higher pitched. Sometimes it does it two or three times in a row, others just once. I popped the hood and it seems to be coming from close to the oil filter. I know our engine circulate coolant and I think oil after turned off to cool the turbo and am wondering if that could failed. About to hook up vagcom and see if I have any codes but figured I would see if anyone has had this noise.

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sitting outside next to my car right now and keep hearing a buzz noise. I drove it over an hour ago and about every 30 seconds to a minute a hear a one second electronic buzz similar to the fuel pump priming but a little higher pitched. Sometimes it does it two or three times in a row, others just once. I popped the hood and it seems to be coming from close to the oil filter. I know our engine circulate coolant and I think oil after turned off to cool the turbo and am wondering if that could failed. About to hook up vagcom and see if I have any codes but figured I would see if anyone has had this noise.

Mine does this, too. I assume it's normal, but don't know what it is.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Yes, kind of like the sound the xenon lights make when you disarm your car at night. Does yours do it over and over though? Right now it's going it like every 20 seconds for the past 5 minutes.

Jet08

Ready to race!
Secondary coolant pump nothing to be concerned with, it circulates coolant when the engine is shut down

zrickety

The Fixer
Secondary coolant pump nothing to be concerned with, it circulates coolant when the engine is shut down
Exactly this.