GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

• I have the Autobahn package and I would do it again.

Votes: 95 43.6%
  • I have the Autobahn package and I would NOT do it again.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I don't have the Autobahn, but would have added it if i could($$/availability).

Votes: 42 19.3%
  • I was never interested in the Autobahn package.

Votes: 78 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nitron

Ready to race!
I'm closing in on a new GTI and I'm considering the Autobahn package. I've searched through some threads and Autobahn owners seem to be generally happy with their seats, sound, etc. I'd like to hear from everybody. Please be honest.

Personally I could use the NAV as I dislike handling my mobile device while driving. The leather seats were comfy when I sat in them, but that 2012 model had a dead battery so I couldn't test drive or use the features. I dislike how the foglights do not match the headlights...looks odd to me. I also don't care for the wheel design...prefer the Karth or Detroit, but that's just me. I can afford the package, but it adds a considerable amount of $$ to the price. I just don't want to regret not getting it later on. For the record, I'm not interested in a MK7.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
It's worth it in a year old used CPO since the options depreciate so fast. The leather, moonroof, xenons, touchscreen, etc gets tons of compliments.

Not so sure about new. The cloth is very love it or hate it.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
unless you really want leather, i don't think so. i have the plaid cloth w/the convenience package. i added an inexpensive powered sub to the premium 8 and it sounds great. my friend has a '12 w/the dynaudio and mine sounds better. if you added a sub to the dynaudio itd be good. Nav i don't give a shit about as i have it on my phone. so yeah, it has leather.. thats about it. i think it might have the suspension options like comfort, sport, whatever but the ride will always be 'sport' i.e. stiff in the GTI. an autobahn GTI is quite a bit more expensive than my trim line so i don't feel that its worth it personally. my .02

doveer

Ready to race!
Depends on how you feel. Would you go for a base model if not for the autobahn? 25k for the base vs 30k for the autobahn is a big deal. any other trim vs the autobahn is much less of a gap.

I don't have the autobahn package, no regrets here. I suggest you sit in an autobahn vs non-autobahn and see if the seats and sound system are worth it to you. I agree that the Serron wheels are kinda ugly.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
This is a really a each there own kind of deal. I'm used to driving luxury cars so for me a premium audio system and leather was already a must. I must also note that kessey is a nice addition as well as the more exclusive serron wheels.

WhosRich

Ready to race!
The autobahn package is nice. I bought mine with the moonroof and convenience package. The only thing I regret is not getting the navi package. You get the HIDS at least. I could live without the leather. The plaid has more character.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I previously owned a 2010 model which was pretty much base model... I now own fully loaded R (autobahn) and I have to say if you can afford it- go for the autobahn. I love the seats and the sunroof

soular

Ready to race!
I wish Autobahn was available with the cloth seats. I don't care for leather really. Keyless entry is always a nice thing to have. Upgraded stereo is 'eh' for me as I would probably replace the speakers anyways. I keep juggling between it, cuz I really like the cloth seats. I won't be getting an MK6 tho, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what's available on the next generation...To answer your question, I would most likely get fully loaded.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
The seats are seriously nice in the Autobahn.

If its within budget go for it.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

DHS

Passed Driver's Ed
I like my leather seats. Without the Autobahn package, I probably would not have bought the car. I am middle aged and can afford the $$$. I would not consider the base package. It was about 2K more for the Autobahn over Nav + Sunroof. Leather alone was worth 1500 to me.

Wake2010

Passed Driver's Ed
Initially I looked at a new 12' autobahn last April, couldn't get the deal i wanted so i waited a few weeks and found an 11' autobahn used from a private local owner with 15k on it.

Original owner was a VP and it was her company car. She disliked the 6mt and I took it off her hands for $23k. She paid like $30.5k for it new.

I felt like i got a good deal and have enjoyed the car and get compliments on it all time in parking lots by passer bys.

Honestly, I never considered the other trim levels once i sat in the autobahn, It just works for me.

Moral of my story, autobahn's a good value slightly used but new, its on the pricey side in comparison to the other trim levels.

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
If you spend more and care about keyless entry leather nav dynadio etc then autobahn is the way to go

Sent from the iPhone