GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So after a long weekend of trying to find out why my car wasn't lifting up, i found out my compressor piston gave out. Got scared while my car was laying frame in the middle of my street infront of my driveway haha. My question is it ok to run two different compressors for example a 450c and 480c?? I will have my 480c rebuilt but i will need a compressor for the mean time and might as well run a two compressor set up so this will be avoided.

Note to everyone, run a pressure gauge on your tank, thought my valves were messing up since thats what my rocker switch was telling me.

Installing a Schrader valve would be a lot cheaper and having the ability to fill the tank from an external source is nice.

SoCalR32Boy

789/5000 .:R32
Installing a Schrader valve would be a lot cheaper and having the ability to fill the tank from an external source is nice.

already got one on my tank, that was the only way i was able to drive it since i have a separate compressor for air tools and such. Can't live without a compressor in the car though for the peace of mind haha

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
already got one on my tank, that was the only way i was able to drive it since i have a separate compressor for air tools and such. Can't live without a compressor in the car though for the peace of mind haha

I meant just to get you by until you rebuilt yours. Why not just order another 480?

SoCalR32Boy

789/5000 .:R32
I meant just to get you by until you rebuilt yours. Why not just order another 480?

o ok gotcha. I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one from a local 4wheel parts (dont want to deal with waiting for shipping) just wanted to see if there will be any problems with buying a slightly smaller compressor for a lil less.

HSBREVERSEDSUKS

Go Kart Champion
o ok gotcha. I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one from a local 4wheel parts (dont want to deal with waiting for shipping) just wanted to see if there will be any problems with buying a slightly smaller compressor for a lil less.

If you have a hard time locating a compressor locally. We have 400C, 444C, 480's in Chrome in stock and we have a discount for all forum members :thumbsup:

Pivonic

Ready to race!
k done i'm doing that to my dash cubby too LOL mine's just sitting inside there wandering around

Haha do it man, I bought the plastic mold from dorbritz designs and made a template from cardboard then traced it on the plastic, cut it and glued felt to it and it's a nice tight fit :)

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I had my controller in my cubby. It looked real nice, but I did not find it practical especially while driving. I now have it above the shifter, which is better, but still not perfect. I would hate to give up my cupholder spot, but thats probably the most functional. Or tucked under the armrest. imo.

swervinVI

Ready to race!
I had my controller in my cubby. It looked real nice, but I did not find it practical especially while driving. I now have it above the shifter, which is better, but still not perfect. I would hate to give up my cupholder spot, but thats probably the most functional. Or tucked under the armrest. imo.

I had mine under the armrest initially, but that was really awkward. Moved it to the dash cubby and I like that better. You're right, cupholder is ideal, but I'm not giving that up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You guys are weird. I don't touch my controller while I'm driving. It lives in my armrest. My dash cubby shows up this week. Once I finally upgrade to elevel I may move it to the cubby and eliminate my gauge setup completely.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
You guys are weird. I don't touch my controller while I'm driving. It lives in my armrest. My dash cubby shows up this week. Once I finally upgrade to elevel I may move it to the cubby and eliminate my gauge setup completely.

cuz florida -__-

i have to mess with mine all the time with the roads around here. train tracks, entrances to some places, curbs to driveways, speed bumps. etc. chicago sucks.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Mines right in the ash tray. It's outta the way, but still in sight. Also I can get it to hit another preset pretty quickly with it there. Never know what these shitty roads in my area will throw at ya :D