GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R8 Oil Cap Falling Apart

FriggenT1

Banned
It's funny, as a detailer, I'm more than picky about the paint on my car but tbh, I could care less what it looks like under the hood. Idk why. I don't think I'd ever put money into any cosmetic part that didn't contribute to performance in some way.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Thank you sir! Exactly what I was looking for. Does it sit the right way or is it sideways like the Porsche coolant cap?

Here's a very old pic of my engine, it sits a little slanted, not perfectly horizontal like the ECS pics. What I like about it is that it sits flush not raised like the R8 cap

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
It's funny, as a detailer, I'm more than picky about the paint on my car but tbh, I could care less what it looks like under the hood. Idk why. I don't think I'd ever put money into any cosmetic part that didn't contribute to performance in some way.

As a detailer you don't clean the engine bay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion

really i need to degrease the crap out of mine. cant wait for snow to be gone

Calkulin

Ready to race!
You can take it a part a bit and re-align them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried once and couldn't get it to come apart without breaking it. If you know of a DYI post somewhere, let me know so I can try it again as I never seen anyone post one