GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Eowyn89

In4details.

I like this idea. Where is everyone located? I'm in Pittsburgh, but would be willing to travel to Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges (OH), Pitt Race (PA), Summit Point (WV), or Putnam (IN).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I'll be at VIR November 1 & 2 with Trackdaze, if any if you guys are interested. They're running the full course on the 1st, and the Grand Course on the 2nd.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I like this idea. Where is everyone located? I'm in Pittsburgh, but would be willing to travel to Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges (OH), Pitt Race (PA), Summit Point (WV), or Putnam (IN).
Id really like to attend PittRace, ill keep you in mind for that . Have you done pittrace yet?
In4details.
probably see you at gingerman later this year^

hopefully next time its not raining
I'll be at VIR November 1 & 2 with Trackdaze, if any if you guys are interested. They're running the full course on the 1st, and the Grand Course on the 2nd.
Not on my list this year but ill keep it in mind, 12.5 hour drive yeah would definitely want to trailer car

Eowyn89

Id really like to attend PittRace, ill keep you in mind for that . Have you done pittrace yet?

Yes, I've done the full track with Track Night in America (TNiA) for the past three years. The track is awesome, turns 3-5 have an eighty foot drop and remind me of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca (I haven't been to Laguna...I just watch a lot of races). Last year the first two sessions were in the rain...that was a learning experience! :yikes:

I'm currently registered with AutoInterests on Saturday, June 30th and TNiA on Thursday, August 2nd. Here is the event and registration info:

AutoInterests - https://autointerests.com/events/2018-star-spangled-hpde

TNiA - https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1991369-track-night-2018-pittsburgh-august-2

If you do plan on coming out, let me know. We setup a canopy, chairs, coolers, etc. to make it as enjoyable as possible in-between sessions.

~Steve

Brendon

Ready to race!
I'm running Homestead-Miami Speedway road course tomorrow. Chance of rain is 100% though. Hopefully I get two dry sessions in. I'll be fine if it rains but I'm pulling off when puddling happens which it will.

nomorehonda

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running the Gingerman track night on June 20th.

Eowyn89

You guys are going to make me start burning money. I've been so good about saving. "But mom, if everyone is doing it..."

*Emperor Palpatine voice* "Do it!" :D

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I'm running the Gingerman track night on June 20th.
not bad, any chance youll be doing the blackhawk farms night event? not TOO far from indiana
You guys are going to make me start burning money. I've been so good about saving. "But mom, if everyone is doing it..."
cant put a price on fun :iono:

join the darkside yeah

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

probably see you at gingerman later this year^

hopefully next time its not raining

Not on my list this year but ill keep it in mind, 12.5 hour drive yeah would definitely want to trailer car

hoping to hit gingerman, not looking likely doe. i'll be at blackhawk farms in october.

welcome to the forum. :iono:

This^^

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
hoping to hit gingerman, not looking likely doe. i'll be at blackhawk farms in october.

Ill be at a sooner blackhawk farms day but maybe ill do october as well. Fun little track yeah .

Now if only i could make a gti friend who lives near laguna seca :iono:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Ill be at a sooner blackhawk farms day but maybe ill do october as well. Fun little track yeah .

Now if only i could make a gti friend who lives near laguna seca :iono:

O wow. yeah laguna is the dream track. should plan road trip next year. i'd be game haha

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
O wow. yeah laguna is the dream track. should plan road trip next year. i'd be game haha

Take a minute and google how far that drive is.

Ill save you time...its 37 hour drive one way from Michigan. :eek:

If you were crazy and drove 12 hours a day, itd take you 3 full days just to get there.

Cheaper just to fly there, then beg someone in the paddock for a ridealong :laugh:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Take a minute and google how far that drive is.

Ill save you time...its 37 hour drive one way from Michigan. :eek:

If you were crazy and drove 12 hours a day, itd take you 3 full days just to get there.

Cheaper just to fly there, then beg someone in the paddock for a ridealong :laugh:

That's why I'm jealous of people like Matt Farrah, who get to show up at all these different race tracks and drive a different car every week. :D

On another note, how do you like your Carbotech XP-10 pads? Do you drive them on the street or just the track? I've been running Stoptech 309 pads for street/track duties a while now, but they do take quite a bit of pedal effort as you begin to brake later in braking zone. I'm considering going with either XP-8 or XP-10, but trying to decide if I'm going to swap them for trackdays. Then there's the debate about two pad materials on the same rotor vs swapping rotors and pads.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
That's why I'm jealous of people like Matt Farrah, who get to show up at all these different race tracks and drive a different car every week. :D

On another note, how do you like your Carbotech XP-10 pads? Do you drive them on the street or just the track. I've been running Stoptech 309 pads for street/track duties a while now, but they do take quite a bit of pedal effort as you brake later in braking zone. I'm considering going with either XP-8 or XP-10, but trying to decide if I'm going to swap them for trackdays. Then there's the debate about two pad materials on the same rotor, etc.

I daily them, they are great at the track..id skip the 8s and go straight for 10s.

XP10s are loud, so if you dont like getting looks then id swap them out for daily driving. And when i say loud i mean its obnoxious enough to where i dont go through drive thrus cause feel bad for employee on headset :laugh:

Have been great at 3 different tracks, they are incredibly better than stoptech street pads but brace yourself when you see price. I think xp10 fronts are $190 give or take.

Xp10s have no brake sensor plug in btw, but yes tons of meat left on the pads even after dailying and track days. Great initial bite