GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moments you wish you could have back - GTI edition

McQueen77

Banned
not having the foresight to buy a 4 door instead of a 2. knowing all along id most likely keep the car quite a while since i love it, and having to now accept the 2 door. oh well.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
I'm glad you changed your avatar. I was starting to read your posts like they were angry messages coming from that angry looking character. lol

Lol same thing happened to me.

Throwing way too much money into the golf, but I can't help myself

Valli666

Ready to race!
At first I regretted not getting the original colour (Black) that I wanted because of availability. But I got over that within a couple of weeks.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

JerrBear

Ready to race!
Wanted charcoal gray but settled for black due to availability, got over it eventually since black is a pretty sick color

Popping the clutch after forgetting that I left it in 1st when I turned the car off and lurching hard as fuck into the parking block in front (no damage thank god)

Curb raped my back passenger detroit on a right turn hung over as shit

Letting my friend (who taught me stick) drive my car and peeled the fuck out of my front tires because he didn't know about the hill-assist feature

Not exploring my options more at the price range of a GTI

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
OH MAN. I have quite the list.

It starts with buying a 2012 GTI when I had a perfectly good mk5 in Reflex Silver. 50k and only had the hpfp and a coil pack go bad. Plus is was totally stock for 4 years and I could have started modding. Bought the mk6 because my ex was trading in her speed3 for a GTI and we both got a pretty decent deal. Otherwise I wouldn't have even been looking for a new car. Dumb.

The second moment I'd like to have back is joining this forum. I wouldn't spent nearly as much on mods if I didn't spend hours drooling over your cars. Plus the countless hours and keyboard strokes that I'll never get back. :p J/k Much love for you guys!

6 months in the GTI, the dealer raped me when I traded the GTI in for the R. The only saving grace is that going from 3% interest to 0% kept payments in the same ballpark. Still don't ever use that logic. Dumb.

My car is swirl mark heaven thanks to dealer.

Dealer scuffed my bumber.

Dealer put two small scratches in my steering wheel.

Tuned my R with Unitronic. Dumb.

5-6 Rock chips and tons of tiny little specs on the windshield from tiny chips.

scratched my hood using the foam brush at a car wash. dumb.

All that said, ZERO REGRETS. I am happy as hell in my R every time I drive her. I wouldn't have it any other way. I typically don't have the whole YOLO attitude, but in this one case I did and wouldn't take anything back. Along the way, I have met some cool people, learned more about modding and cars than I ever needed to know, and after this thread can take comfort knowing that I am not the only one with a few dings :D

Cheers!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Rolling my fenders. Many waves that I notice....should have ran smaller tires instead

Same here. The driver side is fine, but the passenger side has about two small indentions. Can't do much when the sheet metal is thin as hell.

Last edited: