GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil leaking - 7th major issue in 18 months

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Vw USA just called me back. They are looking into options of getting me into a car that doesn't have all these issues. They will be calling me back tomorrow with more info.

Mk7 Ftw!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yep, get a mk7 GTI and love it. Until it breaks down.

JhnR

Banned
Vw USA just called me back. They are looking into options of getting me into a car that doesn't have all these issues. They will be calling me back tomorrow with more info.

They will most likely buy back your car. The same went for me with 4 water pumps. Good luck!

Atty

Ready to race!
They will most likely buy back your car. The same went for me with 4 water pumps. Good luck!
Nope, they offered me trade assistance. Its a good deal and with 32,000 miles on my car and trading a SE model (essentially, 4DR DSG w/ technology) for an Autobahn Mk7 I would be out a few thousand dollars for down payment to keep my same monthly payments now.

I'm not sure if I should push for more or go lemon law route.

JhnR

Banned
Nope, they offered me trade assistance. Its a good deal and with 32,000 miles on my car and trading a SE model (essentially, 4DR DSG w/ technology) for an Autobahn Mk7 I would be out a few thousand dollars for down payment to keep my same monthly payments now.

I'm not sure if I should push for more or go lemon law route.

I was able to get into a 2015 GTI autobahn, free basically. Def took this choice instead, then less cash than the value of the new mk7.

Atty

Ready to race!
I was able to get into a 2015 GTI autobahn, free basically. Def took this choice instead, then less cash than the value of the new mk7.

I did some rough numbers yesterday at the dealer. It would cost me about $2,000-$3,000 to go from a 4DR SE DSG MK6 to a 4DR DSG MK7 Autobahn w/ lighting package (something I am sore I don't have on my MK6).

I think its a good deal. Only thing is I wanted the performance pack but I guess I'll live without. I never track or AutoX so whats the point.

JhnR

Banned
For me much better deal mine had 54k on it, and getting a brand new one for free. Thanks VW, can fuck you for once.

I'm sure you can have the dealership knock more off sticker price on the 2015 mk7 -- i'm sure they have kick backs and dealer cash on those cars.. work themm!

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I did some rough numbers yesterday at the dealer. It would cost me about $2,000-$3,000 to go from a 4DR SE DSG MK6 to a 4DR DSG MK7 Autobahn w/ lighting package (something I am sore I don't have on my MK6).

I think its a good deal. Only thing is I wanted the performance pack but I guess I'll live without. I never track or AutoX so whats the point.

Tell VW Corporate 1000 down is your limit. You want the same payment and an extended warranty as well. Deal hard and direct. You have ZERO to lose.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Oh and if tell you "NO" just respond back with "My lemon law attorney was afraid you would say that!"

JhnR

Banned
Oh and if tell you "NO" just respond back with "My lemon law attorney was afraid you would say that!"

I doubt at this point they will. But whats in it IF you go through a lawyer. Do you also get compensated on top?

I've never done it through a lawyer, just my self.

GTIx

Passed Driver's Ed
Never accept the first offer, counter offer and stand your ground. They won't let you walk away, you know they are still making money on this "deal".

JhnR

Banned
I haven't accepted anything yet, although they put the offers in writing. Im gonna ask for extended warranty as well. Hope that works. Will call on Monday and see what i can work out.