GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

efa5

Ready to race!
I wouldn't worry about water getting into the engine. I'm in Vancouver and haven't had any issues with the CAI. Driven daily through rain and snow

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
On the suspension, what difference would getting coilovers vs springs be for the stock gap?
Also, http://keffervwparts.com/vwparts/in...,200,2376&searchText=5K4-071-677-A&startrow=1 It says "ea" next to the price. Stupid question but is that per spring or a set of 4?

And as for the exhaust, I've never installed anything on a car before since this is my first and I don't want to screw anything up trying myself since I don't have any equipment. Would I just purchase the exhaust and take it to a shop or someone who knows how to just install it?

What do the different fitments look like? Meaning what's the difference between 18x8 vs 18x8.5? I think from what I read on that other thread, the et## are just the distance the wheel sticks out or in from the wheel well so I got that part.

Between the Neuspeed P-flo7 and a cold air, is the risk big enough for the cold air getting water in to the engine to go for the Neuspeed?

Thank you so much for answering, all of you, you're opening up a whole new dimension of knowledge for me and making is so much easier to start taking everything in. I greatly appreciate it! :D

coilovers allow you to adjust the height to your liking, but shitty coilovers will ruin ride quality and compromise handling and safety

you are looking for at least $500-$600 for a low end coilovers. $800-$1400 for a mid range and 1600+ for high end

springs are always sold as a set of 4. 2 front. 2 rear

18x8 is 18" in diameter, and 8 inches in width.
18x8.5 is 18" in diameter and 8.5" in width

google or search the forums for the different fitments and how the wheel itself looks.

it can get very complicated lol.

the width generally accounts for how concave the wheel looks. the offset just accounts for how far in/out the wheel sits.

the risk isnt big enough if you drive smart

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Is that where everyone went.. What's app

TomCat1

Ready to race!
How does it work and how can I join?

I'm probably going to make one for us because the one I'm currently in, is just for Vancity's friends (Emre). I doubt he'll allow all the 2.5'ers to join. Anybody interested?

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
yes

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
I haven't been on here in so long! Lol how's every one

Sent from my iPhone bitch

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Everyone left the forum to be on whatsapp lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Add my number and if 786-537-0190 I'll start a chat. If enough people do it. Message me on whatsapp

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Guys there's no point in making a chat on what's app just for all the other 2.5ers. The purpose of this thread is exactly for that. If anyone wants to talk about 2.5 stuff, this is the place to do it.