GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Engine Mount Spacers

vinyvolingy

Passed Driver's Ed
Was searching through the forums and haven't found much. Recently I hit something hard on the road and it happened to hit my DSG case and slowly was leaking fluid. I'm on air ride and I honestly don't drive that low and have no idea what could of happened.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had these on there car to raise the engine and transmission a bit from debris. I know MK4 have a lot of options with it so I'm curious on our MK6. Any help would be awesome!

P.S planing on buying the ECS skid plate once I get my car fixed. Here is a picture of the damage.

rpc07

Ready to race!
Can't comment on the spacers since I've never seen them but my ecs skid plate has saved my ass a few times already.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Can't comment on the spacers since I've never seen them but my ecs skid plate has saved my ass a few times already.

I had to purchase a panzer plate from dieselgeek after moving to Chicago. Hitting some of these potholes here makes my asshole pucker sooooo hard even with the plate installed.

rpc07

Ready to race!
I had to purchase a panzer plate from dieselgeek after moving to Chicago. Hitting some of these potholes here makes my asshole pucker sooooo hard even with the plate installed.

Tell me about it, nyc roads aren't much more forgiving.

vinyvolingy

Passed Driver's Ed
Also what are you doing to fix the leak?

I live in Dallas and the roads here suck, I'm most likely going to get it fixed. Waiting for insurance adjuster to take a look at it. It needs a new DSG transmission got an estimate of $5200....

markyfly

I bet if you drained the fluid, cleaned it up with some brake clean and jb welded the sh*t outta it you'd save $5195

vinyvolingy

Passed Driver's Ed
you can probably get custom motor mount spacers, but you will probably get axle bind

How bad would it be? I was thinking about raising it an 1" or atleast a 1/2" Not sure how other people do it =\ still a bit confused. I do have it frame notched as well on the passenger side.

I bet if you drained the fluid, cleaned it up with some brake clean and jb welded the sh*t outta it you'd save $5195

Yeah a lot of people were telling me to JB weld it up. I left last week on Friday to Colorado and before I left I cleaned the garage floor with some brake cleaner. Cleaned up the trans with brake cleaner and JB welded where I think was leaking. Came back on Monday and it was dry. I could of probably rolled around while it was JB welded but I don't know, I really would hate it to break down somewhere down the road. I just like things being done proper but it is currently getting fixed as we speak. Insurance took care of it.

dopedpanda

Ready to race!
How bad would it be? I was thinking about raising it an 1" or atleast a 1/2" Not sure how other people do it =\ still a bit confused. I do have it frame notched as well on the passenger side.

Yeah a lot of people were telling me to JB weld it up. I left last week on Friday to Colorado and before I left I cleaned the garage floor with some brake cleaner. Cleaned up the trans with brake cleaner and JB welded where I think was leaking. Came back on Monday and it was dry. I could of probably rolled around while it was JB welded but I don't know, I really would hate it to break down somewhere down the road. I just like things being done proper but it is currently getting fixed as we speak. Insurance took care of it.

You won´t get axle bind raising the engine/trans a little, just think of how much the suspension can travel when you are stock, when you are lowered, you must likely have a much stiffer suspension, so less axle movement. But it certainly won´t make the axles last any longer.

You will also need to work around the lower dogbone and most likely your downpipe when you raise the engine/trans.

The easiest in my eyes, is a skid plate or metal under carriage to protect the engine/trans. But it won´t hold up to big things like a nasty rock or something like that, but then again, raising the engine would most likely not save it either.

vinyvolingy

Passed Driver's Ed
You won´t get axle bind raising the engine/trans a little, just think of how much the suspension can travel when you are stock, when you are lowered, you must likely have a much stiffer suspension, so less axle movement. But it certainly won´t make the axles last any longer.

You will also need to work around the lower dogbone and most likely your downpipe when you raise the engine/trans.

The easiest in my eyes, is a skid plate or metal under carriage to protect the engine/trans. But it won´t hold up to big things like a nasty rock or something like that, but then again, raising the engine would most likely not save it either.

True that I get what you're saying. I bought an ECS skid plate and it's working well I'll see how it treats me it's pretty thick as well!