GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear suspension noise over bumps

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
any progress with this? I'm going nuts trying to find the cause of this noise. I'm thinking its a control arm bushing but idk how to check that lol

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
so i just swapped my oem shocks back in and the noise is gone. Ive been on air lift slam series and the only thing i can think is since i don't ride super low maybe I've overextended the shocks.

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
try swapping in your rear shocks if everything else looks good. i have been chasing this for months and was about to purchase all new bushings until i figured i should atleast check the shocks. not thinking they would be at fault because they are relatively new but oh well.

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
what was wrong with them?

visually nothing, but i noticed that there was about a quarter inch of travel when the shock was fully extended that shouldnt have been there. almost as if the shock had been "pulled apart" and couldnt reseat itself. Once i put the oem shocks back in the noise was gone, and it was that very "dense" noise everyone has mentioned.
Ordered some koni adjustables from ecs while they were on sale. figured this is a good opportunity to upgrade them anyway :happyanim:

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Brining thread back to life!

I'm having this issue as well and I am going insane. I'm hoping it's not my shock! I have taken everything apart and reinstalled. Still a noise from the rear passenger side.
Any update from you guys? I'm going to check my endlinks next.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
I am currently trying to figure out the same problem on my girlfriends mkv jetta and dads m coupe. They don't seem to have any play in the sway but ill check endlinks

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Was able to find the issue. It was the 21MM lower bolt at the bottOn of the shock. It was loose. Tightenend it up and I'm all good now