GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running the HPA K04 turbo kit with APR software?

FriggenT1

Banned
You say Chinese knockoffs like that's a bad thing. China will make what you pay them to make. You pay them for crap you get crap but the opposite is true as well. The biggest thing is you have to keep a close eye on quality control over the production runs... And making sure they don't give your plans to other factories to allow knockoffs of your knockoffs :)

If China is making the oe Borg warner, but the knock offs are also made there I don't see the big difference.

FriggenT1

Banned
If money is an issue, why not just buy a lightly used k04, or new cts kit? I realize your tune is discounted, but if the HPA turbo worries you then you do have other options.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
any updates on this? whos running this k04? contemplating getting this and running it with a GAIC extreme file. any notable comments? should i just go with a borg warner instead?

eppy

Ready to race!
I'm running the older HPA KO4 kit not their revised kit with the GIAC tune.

The car runs decently at full throttle but has part throttle issues. Odd boost issues if you're cruising in 5th, 6th and give it 30-40% throttle.

Support from GIAC sucks, communication is sporadic and you never talk to the same person twice.

I inquired about the extreme file and one GIAC rep said the base map is the same as their KO4 map only the race file is different, another said both are different.
I was then told you have to run meth with the extreme race map.

After multiple attempts at getting a straight answer, I gave up.

I plan on doing a COBB AP and Stratified Tune end of the year. After 3 cars running GIAC I'm done with them.

Save yourself the hassle and buy an AP and custom tune.

Uberryan

Banned
While APR's K04 tune is not nearly as chaotic and unpredictable as their stage 1/2 tunes, I'd still suggest COBB or someone who has a shelf tune for this particular kit. I know I created this thread, but I never went through with the upgrade since the car is going bye bye in a year or less.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm curious to see how much power the new revised K04 kit from HPA can put down.... IF it is like an F23T. However, I don't think the internals have been modified like the F23T. From my understanding nothing on the inside has been touched.

Chris659

Ready to race!
Been running this Turbo kit since late October with no problems. I did have mine ported/polished, ceramic coated, and using a turbo blanket so not sure how my numbers would relate to a standard kit. I'm also using their intake manifold which was also polished and ceramic coated.

I'm using their software as well. I'm really happy with the way things are running so far. It's a little rich at idle due to not having the flapper valves in the intake manifold any longer but I still need to do some logs and send em in so Alan can revise it. Been waiting till I get my intercooler and throttle body installed so I can have it all corrected at once.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I'm running the older HPA KO4 kit not their revised kit with the GIAC tune.

The car runs decently at full throttle but has part throttle issues. Odd boost issues if you're cruising in 5th, 6th and give it 30-40% throttle.

Support from GIAC sucks, communication is sporadic and you never talk to the same person twice.

I inquired about the extreme file and one GIAC rep said the base map is the same as their KO4 map only the race file is different, another said both are different.
I was then told you have to run meth with the extreme race map.

After multiple attempts at getting a straight answer, I gave up.

I plan on doing a COBB AP and Stratified Tune end of the year. After 3 cars running GIAC I'm done with them.

Save yourself the hassle and buy an AP and custom tune.

LOLz.. fuck.. i really wasnt planning on buying a cobb AP and getting a custome tune. all I want is an OTS k04 tune tbh.

JKoehle

Ready to race!
LOLz.. fuck.. i really wasnt planning on buying a cobb AP and getting a custome tune. all I want is an OTS k04 tune tbh.

FWIW the most recent Uni 2+s look promising providing similar numbers to GIAC although just a tad lower and of course their customer support is top notch and with Uniconnect they offer 100 oct/ W/M files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
FWIW the most recent Uni 2+s look promising providing similar numbers to GIAC although just a tad lower and of course their customer support is top notch and with Uniconnect they offer 100 oct/ W/M files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone one here running the HPA k04 and a UNI tune?

the1bill1

Is anyone one here running the HPA k04 and a UNI tune?

I will be running exactly this once I have the car back together. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm going to roll the dice on the HPA WGA, but I will be putting my GFB DV+ on the turbo before it goes in.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
I will be running exactly this once I have the car back together. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm going to roll the dice on the HPA WGA, but I will be putting my GFB DV+ on the turbo before it goes in.

Ok awesome thanks

jkflynn50

Been running this Turbo kit since late October with no problems. I did have mine ported/polished, ceramic coated, and using a turbo blanket so not sure how my numbers would relate to a standard kit. I'm also using their intake manifold which was also polished and ceramic coated.

I'm using their software as well. I'm really happy with the way things are running so far. It's a little rich at idle due to not having the flapper valves in the intake manifold any longer but I still need to do some logs and send em in so Alan can revise it. Been waiting till I get my intercooler and throttle body installed so I can have it all corrected at once.

What throttle body are you using?