GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

clownish

just clowning around
Cleaned the contact points on the kessey push to start. Been dealing with forcefully pushing this damn button to start the car for about a year. Works so good now takes the slightest amount of pressure to fire up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tell me more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Attempted to install the WellVisors window visors, but failed as the clips do not align with the holes in the visors themselves (not without dremeling/drilling the holes out in the clips) Yay. . . .

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Bought the car at 31K
im at 56k now.

It seems to struggle to turn on compared to before. It never failed to turn on. I noticed because I daily it.

Last time battery was changed? New England winters are tough on em. Also getting around the time for a carbon cleaning probably.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i'd do plugs at this point, maybe upgrade the coilpacks if not done already. if that doesnt fix it i'd say carbon cleaning is on task as stated above...

Phur

Autocross Champion
Attempted?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I watched helplessly as it was pelted with larger than goofball-sized hail. [emoji107]

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Installed a Tyrolsport master cylinder brace and got an APR DSG tune! The brace was a nice upgrade as it firmed up the brake pedal and makes the braking feel more confident. The APR DSG tune was K04 specific.....holy shit! Very nice upgrade. I don’t know maybe it’s in my head but it feels like there is more power getting to the wheels?? I was experiencing clutch slip but I didn’t realize it was that much!! Plus it shifts like butter and it’s a hell of a lot better to drive overall whether you’re in traffic or cruising on the highway.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Went in for its 80k service - all fluids changed, DSG flushed, woohooo! Found wastegate was starting to go bad, some oil leaking around it (must have been the constant cruising at 80mph+ :) ) so changed that out, and also needed an alignment, got that done as well.

Now.....to pay the bill later this month :cry: