GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which tools do I need for coil packs and plugs?

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the info and install tips!

There have been a couple of times when I've cursed German engineering, I'm not gonna lie, but that was one of the easiest maintenance tasks I've ever done, especially coming from a sc'd 5.4l Ford v8.

Job done (mostly, I'll explain), but I'm still getting misfires from a couple of cylinders. I hate to admit it but I didn't have a gap tool so I eyeballed the plugs (I know I know) as they came and they all looked evenly spaced, but obviously I couldn't know if the plugs were gapped in range. I'm moving right now and have zero time (I'm writing while I'm eating), but I'm curious if a slight gap error could be causing my problem. The car is running far far better than it had been.

If not the gap what else should I check and in which order.

Thanks guys!

2010 GTI 6mt, Autobahn, APR Stage 1 tune, Freakishly Clean
If you bought NGK platinum plugs they come gapped to oem spec. Atleast mine were.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

StrigaMort

Ready to race!
Yeah they were supposed to be gapped, but I know that it's always good to double check.

Anyone have an opinion on what to look at for misfires? I gotta say that my car doesn't feel as sprightly as it did when I scooped it up a couple of years ago. Maybe it's just getting tired. Like me. :/

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Yeah they were supposed to be gapped, but I know that it's always good to double check.

Anyone have an opinion on what to look at for misfires? I gotta say that my car doesn't feel as sprightly as it did when I scooped it up a couple of years ago. Maybe it's just getting tired. Like me. :/

Could be carbon buildup.. or you got used to the power..

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Buy a gap tool when you can and check the gaps. Could be carbon build up like others have said.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk