GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP clutch issue

TheCor

Ready to race!
Off topic, however in NJ we started getting cold weather. I Have Redline trans fluid in my car, and going into second when cold is a crunchy feeling ( Only when cold due to the weather) . What fluid are guys using?

I've seen multiple people say that OEM fluid simply feels the best. I run Redline MTL and live in Upstate NY - I've never had trouble going into any gears even in the dead of winter. I might also have a different definition of "smooth" but I'm at 105k, changed the transmission fluid at 60k and 100k and don't have trouble in the cold usually. OEM would be my recommendation if you want to spend the $$.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Just ordered OEM fluid. Once the cold weather hit NNJ, the car shifts rough until warm up and intermittently grinds second with redline. Cant wait to have OEM back. I love the way it feels when it is warm, but when its cold it sucks horribly. I don't have the time to let the car warm up for 10-15 mins everyday...

mk007

Whats up guys,

I recently had a South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch installed on my car. Ever since i got it however Ive been having issues getting into First gear and Reverse. At first i thought it was odd or possibly the clutch not fully broken in.. or just me. The shifter and clutch is new. Fast forward, the shop bled the clutch multiple times.. they also checked the shifter etc and still same issue. it has been 2K miles since install and today when i tried to move it, it did not want to go into any gear. I pumped the clutch and nothing. After about 30 seconds or so it allowed me to get into gear. The shop and I are leading to Master Cylinder.. The issue is not consistent. Its so annoying that i dont even want to drive the car anymore. Getting into first and reverse is a pain and sometimes when i try to get out of reverse it is also sometimes difficult.. :mad0259: Before the clutch install i did not have any of these issues. Sometimes it goes into all the gears smoothly.. but other times first and reverse is the pain. Today was the first day it locked me out of all the gears.

Update: Trans was taking apart and the worst has occurred. I need a new 1st gear, as well as synchros for 1st 2nd and reverse, as well as a 1-2 slider.... Clutch was sent back to SB for testing to ensure it is functioning properly.

Update: South Bend reported nothing wrong with the clutch, they broke it down and inspected everything. Hopefully once i changed out the required trans parts are replaced, the problem goes away. I find it weird that the issue began occurring after the clutch which i assumed was the issue but its not.

Update: Got the car back and smooth sailing

Hi slowGti08.
Everything is fixed? I have had southbend stage 2 Endurance installed just under a year ago and now my mk6 gti is showing the same issues. I can put it in reverse gear 1 or 2 at times. Its SO annoying.