GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

custom headlights and tailights

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
The v-land sequential tail lights have resistor boxes which require no coding.

On the headlights, I did enable DRL & FOG lights on with ODBEleven but I still get a right front DRL error I would say 33% of the time I drive. I don't really understand why it doesn't throw an error sometimes and does other times. They still work fine though so not really a big deal to have a warning light on the dash sometimes.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I also wanted to upgrade my head lights to brighter bulbs or even leds. Is that possible with these headlights? What bulbs should I get?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, you can upgrade to HIDs which will provide a better light output and they won't be so yellow.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I'm completely new to coding. I have only ever had American cars before lol. Nothing ever required coding. Is there a place I can look for newer info about this process? Maybe especially for headlights and tailights?

Its very simple you just go to the long coding option and change a single value.
There are a few values you can change it to and its basically trial and error.
As long as you select the correct option to change you wont damage anything.
There should be some VagCom guides here, its the same process just slightly different layout in obdeleven.

one_GTI

Its very simple you just go to the long coding option and change a single value.

There are a few values you can change it to and its basically trial and error.

As long as you select the correct option to change you wont damage anything.

There should be some VagCom guides here, its the same process just slightly different layout in obdeleven.
Ok.thank you so much!

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone make those style custom tailights that are better quality?

Yes, I'm making them. Been waiting on the manufacturer for weeks to clear up some questions about the flexible LED strip material that will be used. It's a project that has been going on for a long time (months before Vland came out with theirs) with a lot of hiccups along the way. The design is completely done, I'm literally just waiting on the manufacturer. My LED strips can be added to any tails, including OEM.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

one_GTI

Yes, I'm making them. Been waiting on the manufacturer for weeks to clear up some questions about the flexible LED strip material that will be used. It's a project that has been going on for a long time (months before Vland came out with theirs) with a lot of hiccups along the way. The design is completely done, I'm literally just waiting on the manufacturer. My LED strips can be added to any tails, including OEM.

I'd really like to see your design!

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd really like to see your design!

I'll make a video demonstration of how the final version will look and post them to this YouTube account I'm linking to. I placed the order for a sample yesterday so hopefully they arrive in the next 8 days or so. Once I show everyone how they look I'll start taking pre-orders and make my first bulk order. Here's a video of the old old old prototype, subscribe to this YouTube channel if you want to see the updates I make. https://youtu.be/ClOyZ1WOcVk

one_GTI

I'll make a video demonstration of how the final version will look and post them to this YouTube account I'm linking to. I placed the order for a sample yesterday so hopefully they arrive in the next 8 days or so. Once I show everyone how they look I'll start taking pre-orders and make my first bulk order. Here's a video of the old old old prototype, subscribe to this YouTube channel if you want to see the updates I make. https://youtu.be/ClOyZ1WOcVk

Those look really good! I like how just the side is sequential.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! I've worked really hard on this project so I can't wait to get them in people's hands.