GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Started OEM LED Xenon retrofit. Headlight guides are shot though, so I'll have to wait now until the replacements arrive. Grrrr.

torga

Autocross Champion
My guy. Time to put this in the list, although probably after getting it wrapped so I don't have to take it off again in the near future. Although gonna have to find some gloss black wrap or paint for it because i'm not about that CF life.
Same man. That ECS one I linked looks like a knock-off of this knock-off. Can't speak for fitment, but it looks very similar and it comes primered. Could paint match it to anything.

Started OEM LED Xenon retrofit. Headlight guides are shot though, so I'll have to wait now until the replacements arrive. Grrrr.

Extremely envious of that garage, wow.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Same man. That ECS one I linked looks like a knock-off of this knock-off. Can't speak for fitment, but it looks very similar and it comes primered. Could paint match it to anything.

Extremely envious of that garage, wow.

Same, any chance OP has room for an extra GTI in there???

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I bet he's got room for Ricardo ;)

RICARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Not gonna lie, I wish I had his body.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
SPM catback installed. during install at shop we found that I'll have a restriction where the DP long pipe attaches to the CBE. need to do some digging on a path forward to make it 3" all through with minimal replacement of parts...

I'm pretty sure you just need the street or track "j-pipe" to make it a full 3" system:
https://drivespm.com/vw-spm/mk6-gti/mk6-gti-custom-exhaust/

Whether or not they're still around to sell it, I don't know, but you could always post up a WTB ad on here or Vortex and see if anyone has one laying around

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my spark plugs and oil changed so that was some good maintenance out of the way. Got all the part numbers I need to order for my bumper and found out that the protective coating on my Osrams is coming off so i'll have to figure out what to do about that. Any of you with the osrams may want to look into coating them somehow to prevent this from happening. Gonna reach out to Osram and see if there is anything they can do about it although my hopes really aren't high.

Phur

Autocross Champion
That is completely inappropriate. They cost way too much to be having those kinds of issues. I’m sorry. That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Gonna reach out to Osram and see if there is anything they can do about it although my hopes really aren't high.
I'll stay tuned to hear what you find out. I'd like to grab a set of OSRAMs one day and I'd like to keep them fresh for as long as possible.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my spark plugs and oil changed so that was some good maintenance out of the way. Got all the part numbers I need to order for my bumper and found out that the protective coating on my Osrams is coming off so i'll have to figure out what to do about that. Any of you with the osrams may want to look into coating them somehow to prevent this from happening. Gonna reach out to Osram and see if there is anything they can do about it although my hopes really aren't high.

That is completely unacceptable. I'm sorry you are having troubles with those lights.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm pretty sure you just need the street or track "j-pipe" to make it a full 3" system:
https://drivespm.com/vw-spm/mk6-gti/mk6-gti-custom-exhaust/

Whether or not they're still around to sell it, I don't know, but you could always post up a WTB ad on here or Vortex and see if anyone has one laying around

They're still around. Yeah debating that or just having a shop fab something up. I dont have a vbanded DP, so I'd want to have the turbo side flanged to mate up and the other to be v banded.