GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another Stage II Review

Merkle

Banned
That sucks, I did the install of the exhaust myself, and a local shop did the re-flash for free.

Stage 2 is a huge difference on the top end. The free-er flowing exhaust helps too.
Over 5k it just keeps pulling and feels like a rocket.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Almost all shops in NoVA always overcharge. :p

Lou Maiuri

Banned
But I drive a lot more conservatively knowing the clutch issue exists. Just hyped I can troll 335s

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
May have missed it, but do you also have an aftermarket intake? Would love to go stage 2, but I am counting on a clutch upgrade as well.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Awesome. I have thought the same thing about stage 2. It's just amazing.

Mounts are awesome. Mine have quieted down a bunch now.

I've gone by the mentality of balancing out show with go. With the power I have at my disposal I think a sway bar and brake pads/lines might be next. I think those two things will really allow me to control the car around bends and when I need to stop quicker; the stock brakes just don't cut it

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
do both sway bars, not just one.

www.tirerack.com - get both Eibachs for $363

A_Bowers

I've gone by the mentality of balancing out show with go. With the power I have at my disposal I think a sway bar and brake pads/lines might be next. I think those two things will really allow me to control the car around bends and when I need to stop quicker; the stock brakes just don't cut it

They aren't great, but not the worst I have driven on.

I'm not sure what else you have on the car, but I'm super pleased with the setup I'm running now.

A full bolt on stage 2 car is perfect all around. Enough power on the interstate and plenty for back roads.

I was in a tight autoX session 2weeks ago, and was overwhelming th tires on multiple occasions.

Intercooler will really help too.

Rear sway and wheels/tires are my next step.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
They aren't great, but not the worst I have driven on.

I'm not sure what else you have on the car, but I'm super pleased with the setup I'm running now.

A full bolt on stage 2 car is perfect all around. Enough power on the interstate and plenty for back roads.

I was in a tight autoX session 2weeks ago, and was overwhelming th tires on multiple occasions.

Intercooler will really help too.

Rear sway and wheels/tires are my next step.

I'm thinking mounts and sway bars will do it for me now. I'm gonna run the stock tires into the ground and then I'll do tires and springs together to kill 2 birds with one stone. The Group Buy on LED tails has me tempted but I just need to keep thinking about the clutch fund

A_Bowers

I'm thinking mounts and sway bars will do it for me now. I'm gonna run the stock tires into the ground and then I'll do tires and springs together to kill 2 birds with one stone. The Group Buy on LED tails has me tempted but I just need to keep thinking about the clutch fund

Yes you will...these clutches are aggravating.

The mounts are great. I've been very pleased thus far.

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
Stage 2 just seems to increase the costs. I'm not so sure its worth for a leased CC in my case. I'm thinking Stage 1 and a Modshack will be perfect combo for my needs.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ esp if leased yes.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Good call. The cost of the downpipe plus installing it then having to uninstall it when you turn the car in is not worth the money or hassle for stage 2. Stsge 2 is a lot of fun but if my car was leased I would not have done it. Plus if you take it to the dealer for service with a downpipe they will know right away you are modded. I'm not sure how leases work with modding but at least you will be stealth with just a tune. I would probably skip the intake also...
Stage 2 just seems to increase the costs. I'm not so sure its worth for a leased CC in my case. I'm thinking Stage 1 and a Modshack will be perfect combo for my needs.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
To each their own, I'm having fun turning this thing into a stealth bomber, I've never felt a dollar better spent than making this car faster/ more aesthetic. Plus if you go about buying the right way you can have positive equity all the way through owning for a few years.